How is it possible?

jedimaster

So the leafs if they win today against a struggling team, they will be alone in first in the east, yet they will be the only team currently in a play off spot with more goals against than goals for... I know its an easy answer, win the close games and get destroyed on your losses.

Who would have thought a year or two years ago kessle would be a constant top points and goals guy. Anyone know what's going on with the leafs goalie quest? The longer this reimer situation stays like this the more it feels like the leafs are an injury or slump from kessle away from having a 10 game losing skid. Leafs need to pick up a goalie before the goa scoring wheels fall off. For now though its all blue in the big smoke.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Off my soap box.

As it sits now Reims is a week to 10 days from playing.. He skated with the team yesterday and looked fairly good. As for the leafs (as of right now) they have more salary on IR then they do on the bench. Things are looking real bad for them. As for the win last night, one can only speculate that Ovechkin and Bruces argument has boiled over to the rest of the team. If they don't do something soon you may see Ovechkin ask to be traded. Either that or management fires Bruce Budro (sp?).. That war wont go on forever between the 2..On a lighter note I hear Ovechkin loves Canada.. I say trade him to the leafs........ :clapping:

Cough, Cough.......NOVEMBER....Cough

True but the vast majority of teams in a playoff spot at the end of november make. The playoffs. Something like 75 percent.

Its pretty obvious to me the ovechkin is not playing with that wreckless abandon, that everyone hated from him when he was producing. Some players you can reel in and get results like federov, bure, etc... But other just need to be let loose.

Keep him on the ice and leave him alone. He would look good in blue and white.

:w00t::clapping:

I dunno, something feels different... Kessle Number 1 in goals and points, Number 1 goalie, who is obviously far better than the two backups, out for a couple weeks and they are still on pace for 93 points after 21 games. Something just feels good about the leafs. Even in tonight's loss. They battled back and had a chance if it wasn't for the double pinch mind fart, on a back to back road game.

I dunno, something feels different... Kessle Number 1 in goals and points, Number 1 goalie, who is obviously far better than the two backups, out for a couple weeks and they are still on pace for 93 points after 21 games. Something just feels good about the leafs. Even in tonight's loss. They battled back and had a chance if it wasn't for the double pinch mind fart, on a back to back road game.

What could possibly feel good about losing to Carolina???? :rofl2: :rofl2: :w00t:

What pace are they on in their last 7 games??? :rofl2::w00t:

They are on a basement pace....as usual... :rofl2: :rofl2: :w00t: :w00t:

Kessel the one man team... :w00t::rofl2: you can tell it's all about kessel just by watching his attitude after a goal...good luck with that..... :w00t::rofl2:

Problem with the Loafs is that they always start off well, then fold up and die when it really counts. I can't remember how many times they've been in first place in November, then completely out of the running by the end of January. It's such a consistent pattern you can set your calendar by it.

Watch ...........

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

What could possibly feel good about losing to Carolina???? :rofl2: :rofl2: :w00t:

Kessel the one man team... :w00t::rofl2: you can tell it's all about kessel just by watching his attitude after a goal...good luck with that..... :w00t::rofl2:

Those 4-4-2 sens are doing well aren't they. :)

Typically after 20 games they have already had a big skid, like the one in alfredson's pants, But with reimer skating, here is hoping when and if he gets back on the ice the team gets a boost. The pures fact they are winning any games with scrivens and gustoff in net gives me hope.

Edited by jedimaster

hardly a one man team; Lupul is 3rd in scoring right now. :wallbash:

i luv how all the leaf haters feel the need to chime in with useless comments and zero hockey knowledge.

Carolina's got solid goaltending with guys like skinner and staal up front... they arent a team full of plugs like the sens...

hardly a one man team; Lupul is 3rd in scoring right now. :wallbash:

i luv how all the leaf haters feel the need to chime in with useless comments and zero hockey knowledge.

Carolina's got solid goaltending with guys like skinner and staal up front... they arent a team full of plugs like the sens...

Lol well put. Considering the Leafs are badly banged up right now im very happy with them..On a lighter note Sid the kid makes his big return tonight...Lets hope he doesnt pull a Eric Lindros... Go Crosby go! As for the leafs they will do just fine, not to worry.. One thing that will never change is, the leaf haters will always hate, no matter what, Esp when they are sens fans..

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the leafs have too good a team to miss the playoffs again but not a good enough team to win anything. i predict a 1st round exit. then again, a lot can happen between now and then. iginla, nash, doan? there's got to be a marquis player that wants out of their respective clubs. i feel like the addition of one more player (sorry connolly doesn't cut it) might give them the tools they need for a run, assuming reimer is healthy of course.

Lets take a look at the common factor in the Leafs poor showing for the last few years.

Change in assistant coaches - that's not it

Team players have been changed over the last 3 years - that's not it

Coach has remained with team thru losing years - that's it!!!!!! Time to get rid of Wilson.

It appears to me that he cannot get the most out of his players. There appears to be NO fire in his approach to motivating his players. Note his benign response to poor plays or exceptional plays. Even the most opinionated and knowledgeable sportswriters agree the Bruins in their Stanley Cup win last year were over achievers - made so by the excellent coaching.

TIME FOR RONNIE TO GO.

I dunno, I think the bruins have a pretty strong team lead by chara. He is such a dominant player, he doesn't get nearly enough kudo's as he should. As for wilson, I have never been a fan of wilson, but he seems to have figured out kessle, if he can get the PP and PK working, get reimer back, healthy and productive(lets not forget how much exp this kid actually has). I think we will make the playoff's and be a tough team to play against.

I just love how you so called leaf fans all can sit back and say, if they can get so and so, if so and so comes back, if they can stay healthy, if they can get the PP going, if they can get the PK working, if the goalies can stop pucks....blah, blah blah blah....

That's a lot of what if's...... :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

Hey, I've got a few what if's.......

What if they didn't just suck so bad....eh....?????? :w00t: :w00t:

What if the fans let the management know they want a winning team instead of trying to make something out of the crap they put on the ice.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :w00t:

Lets take a look at the common factor in the Leafs poor showing for the last few years.

Change in assistant coaches - that's not it

Team players have been changed over the last 3 years - that's not it

Coach has remained with team thru losing years - that's it!!!!!! Time to get rid of Wilson.

It appears to me that he cannot get the most out of his players. There appears to be NO fire in his approach to motivating his players. Note his benign response to poor plays or exceptional plays. Even the most opinionated and knowledgeable sportswriters agree the Bruins in their Stanley Cup win last year were over achievers - made so by the excellent coaching.

TIME FOR RONNIE TO GO.

Yeah that's it, 23 players suck so fire the coach.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t::clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

There are alot of ifs that go into wining a cup, or any pro championship, As well making the play off's is a dog fight every year. To be the top team is not guarantee your going deep in the playoffs or will win. Look at Van, last year, or chicago the year they won chicago was not a favorite for sure. Boston was not the favorite either. The Leafs are not good enough to be a dominant team and a lock to get in, but they are good enough to fight for a play off spot. 7 players injured including the number 1 goalie and for a good portion a player that will be there top center and they are still in a good spot. My eyes are wide open, and I do see some shining lights. Kessle, Scrivens, Kadri(Even though he hasn't played, when he did I felt he played good), Steckle has been a big boost as has Lupul.

I just love how you so called leaf fans all can sit back and say, if they can get so and so, if so and so comes back, if they can stay healthy, if they can get the PP going, if they can get the PK working, if the goalies can stop pucks....blah, blah blah blah....

That's a lot of what if's...... :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

Hey, I've got a few what if's.......

What if they didn't just suck so bad....eh....?????? :w00t: :w00t:

What if the fans let the management know they want a winning team instead of trying to make something out of the crap they put on the ice.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :w00t:

Lol what do you mean by 'so called' leafs fans? you think the guys posting in leafs threads about problems with the team arent the real fans? Were are they at then?

Ide rather be a leafs fan with hope then one without? I was 2 years old when i started watching the leafs, man i must have been such a stupid little kid