my ice out laker trip!!

carll2

tuesday april 10th

me and a couple friends had the itch to fish, but seeing in quebec not much is open we opted to go for a 2 hourdrive to vermont where you can fish lake champlain for lake trout,browns,and landlocked salmon all season long. basically we werent sure if the ice would be out of not so we were praying that it would be,on the way down it wasnt looking too good with atleast half of the bays and boat launches still locked up with ice.

we arrive to our spot. yes the ice is gone,we talked to a local and the ice had gone the day prior. by 7am we were out on the water searching for them lakers.

here i am keeping an eye out on things since we had seen lots of baitfish on our sonar

lc1.jpg

heres what i nailed watching them baitfish, fish came out in 15 fow.

lc5.jpg

releasing her..even though you dont see much

lc4.jpg

next was a double header, my rod goes off and so does my buddys..yes fishh on!!

lc2.jpg

our rigger set-up

lc7.jpg

we also used planner boards

lc6.jpg

all in all we were 3 in the boat , i ended up landing 3 lakers and my 2 friends got 2 each. so in our boat total count was 7. we also had 2 friends in another boat fishing with us and they caught a total of 6. all lakers were between 5-9lbs

most fish were caught just by flatlining spoons/streamers and yozuri minnows and rapalas.. we caught 1 fish on the downrigger and that was it, and nothing for the planner boards.

water was damnnn cold, and it was about 0 degrees all day with a 5k wind

id definately go back soon, there was hardly anybody , gotta love fishing during the week

so thats my report enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

lc3.jpg

btw: those wondering if we had life jackets yes we did , they were there in the boat ready for us

Edited by carll2

surface water was exactly 32f..still pretty cold but was the fishing hot and nobody out there

roy ya gotta get down there before the crowds do

btw 6 of the 7 fish caught on rapala j-9 blue/silver 150 feet in back of the boat

surface water was exactly 32f..still pretty cold but was the fishing hot and nobody out there

roy ya gotta get down there before the crowds do

btw 6 of the 7 fish caught on rapala j-9 blue/silver 150 feet in back of the boat

Nice report.

I use the same lure and colour most of the time, at least 150 feet out too. Works very nice.

I can't wait to get out - hopefully next weekend.