Bambi Down(NF)

BITEME

Good Morning All

Well we have been out almost every weekend since deer opener with the bows and have seen tons of deer we don’t use cameras and don’t write anything down. Just use the Mark180 eyeball and our pumpkins its always been this way.

As far as scent hiding we don’t bother, tried it for a couple of years and found it didn’t matter I smoke on the ground and they will walk within feet of me. I think the scent hiding is a scam, and we hunt urban deer anyway it might work better for the northern guys.

anyway all the deer this year so far have just been out of bow range and we wont take cheap shots. Some very nice bucks in the area with some serious size does. We knew that soon as the shottie time came it was going to be game over.

I’m sitting having a smoke Tuesday just as the sun was making light, I was making some seductive sounds with the bleater. We were set up in a pattern that we observed to be main transits all of a sudden I could hear swishing in the bush behind me and knew that it was traveling one of the paths toward doom about 15 mins later and Pow a nice 10 pointer. We were done by 0830 2 tags left to go it was a good day and Pointed was very happy. We are setting up now on his big brother and I kid you not he has to be at least 16 points and pushing 300 but who am I kidding I will shoot the first deer that walks out if its him all the better

That’s my report and im sticking to it

Peter

12e6.jpg

Good Morning All

Well we have been out almost every weekend since deer opener with the bows and have seen tons of deer we don’t use cameras and don’t write anything down. Just use the Mark180 eyeball and our pumpkins its always been this way.

As far as scent hiding we don’t bother, tried it for a couple of years and found it didn’t matter I smoke on the ground and they will walk within feet of me. I think the scent hiding is a scam, and we hunt urban deer anyway it might work better for the northern guys.

anyway all the deer this year so far have just been out of bow range and we wont take cheap shots. Some very nice bucks in the area with some serious size does. We knew that soon as the shottie time came it was going to be game over.

I’m sitting having a smoke Tuesday just as the sun was making light, I was making some seductive sounds with the bleater. We were set up in a pattern that we observed to be main transits all of a sudden I could hear swishing in the bush behind me and knew that it was traveling one of the paths toward doom about 15 mins later and Pow a nice 10 pointer. We were done by 0830 2 tags left to go it was a good day and Pointed was very happy. We are setting up now on his big brother and I kid you not he has to be at least 16 points and pushing 300 but who am I kidding I will shoot the first deer that walks out if its him all the better

That’s my report and im sticking to it

Peter

WTG, that sure is a beauty! As far as the scent thing goes, I have lots of buddys that do the same thing as you and they get deer too, difference is I usually get about 3:1 over them since I started using a scent eliminator. When I go into the bush I want to use every advantage I can get.

Good luck and I hope you get that really big bruser, that would be way better than anything I have ever shot.

Disguise is necessary because its not me and its just the way it is ......your never know what kind of nutjob trolls are lurking out there

Peter thumbsup_anim.gif

You;d be better off blurring out the 'stache rather then the dudes eyes, haha.

Nice to be out with friends and relaxing, sound like a massive deer, would hate to smash into on that big.

Well now Im a little bit ruffled,

as I sit here at work kicking myself in the rear for not taking a week for the shottie the 3rd member of the Killer crew just called me and said he just dropped another buck this morning a little smaller number 2 is heading up now to help him drag it out of the bush, so tonight we will be cutting both of them up. damn I feel like the odd ball now....but its all good :clapping:

Peter

pics to follow