Anyone here bowhunt for bullfrogs?

OutdoorDan

The weather forecast calling for somewhat choppy weather, I decided to go shore fishing in a small, secluded (from the wind) part of a river and got myself a few pike.

One of them swallowed my bait entirely, and I decided that gutting the fish to get it out would be easiest. In the process, I noticed how bulky the stomach was -- so naturally I had to see what's in there and what the fish are eating. That is when I pull out a half-digested frog - with the left leg completely intact and still attached to the skeleton. This thing was huge! It's thigh was the size of my thumb, and aside from the fact that it was covered in stomach acids looked extremely tasty.

Maybe the French did get something right after all?

So come on out, there's gotta be a few here - who's eaten these things?

Oh and mandatory picture below....

WARNING! Could be gross to some...

20111016091026.jpg

I like frog legs too. They don't really have much taste...most people just smother them in garlic butter anyway. The only thing I really don't like about having frog legs is sending the poor little buggers home in those little wheelchairs. :(

Used to hunt them years ago when I was a kid. Club them with a stick and throw them in the boat until you get enough for a meal. Wrap the legs in foil with butter, salt and pepper and roast them in the coals of your campfire. Yum. Nothing like chicken. That one in the photo isn't really very big.