pet goose?

GBW

You have been Blessed by Mother Nature!

Enjoy and (fortunatly we have the technology) take lots of pictures!

Life is short, the kids will never forget this,.

The Goose will be gone as quick as it appeared.

If not, then embrace your new friend(He/She chose you!)

It is rare if ever in ones lifetime that they can experience what you have now!!

Geese make excelent(guard dogs) and are quite protective.

Best Regards

SteveO

P.S.

Please let us know how this turns out.

Time to get it a bed for it GBW!!!!

OK...this is NOT from me (I'm on the "pet" side! Haha!)!! Rob (worse half) told me I have to add this to the other recipes being offered...

BEST Goose Recipe EVER!

Marinade the goose in wine (minimum overnight)

Put it on a cedar plank.

Put it in your oven at 450 degrees.

When its done, take the goose out.

Throw it in the garbage, and eat the cedar plank.

Best timber you ever tasted!

When I was doing water front water testing a few years back , I"m a cival engineer specializing in storm water management , one of the people I worked with would take home any orphaned or injured gooslings we would find . He had a farm outside port perry . They would stay with him in his pond untill they were big enough to fly away , some would return now and than but they returned to the wild (if you can call a gooses life in the big smoke wild )but was funny to see these birds following him around in his yard we used to call him Father goose .

interesting, i currently do storm water sampling in toronto

Was it healthy? I mean, could it fly? Early goose season was last week....maybe it was injured? It could have very well lost its mate, and now doesn't know what to do with itself, but any good goose hunter would call that one right back and drop it beside its mate for good :whistling:

Just sayin....

S.

yeah, you are. I've had a few run ins with the DRP hunting around Brooklin. Most of those guys don't even know the discharge by-laws. One morning we had 5 cruisers roll out into our field with guns drawn :wallbash: I will never understand what they were thinking that morning!!! They left quick once I pulled out the discharge by law though!!

S.

interesting, i currently do storm water sampling in toronto

PM me we probably know alot of people in common , Im old now and dont get out in the field anymore , You work for city or consultants ? I looked at your pic and I dont think I have seen you around but the pic is not to clear for these old eyes , anyway PM me , its a small world hope Im not your boss lol.

Edited by capt bruce

yeah, you are. I've had a few run ins with the DRP hunting around Brooklin. Most of those guys don't even know the discharge by-laws. One morning we had 5 cruisers roll out into our field with guns drawn :wallbash: I will never understand what they were thinking that morning!!! They left quick once I pulled out the discharge by law though!!

S.

Similair experience, we were called out of the field once and as we walked up to them in Camo, with shot guns, 2 labs and a spread of 100 plus decoys they asked us these exact words.

"What are you doing?"

Those who know me, know I couldn't let that go. So I responded.

"This is a classified training exercise, we are readying our Canadian geese for when they enter the US fly zone"

After laughing they checked us out and ruined our hunt. "what are you doing" I mean seriously.

Edited by Harrison

Just as an aside to this topic, are there any restrictions or guidlines on eating local waterfowl like there are for fish?

Something like a hunters version of The Guide To Eating Sportfish?

I can only imagine how gross and toxic a lot of these urban geese are.

Not that I know of, Mike.

Why would you think they are gross and toxic? They feed on grain for most of thier lives, shouldn't be too much toxic material in there for them to ingest.

I could see it in diver ducks that are gorging on zebra mussels though.

I grind 'em and make pepperettes with most of my geese. Ducks I do the same with some of them, but I like to pluck the nice ones and roast them whole.

I'm still fine after a lifetime of eating them, so they must be ok? :whistling:

S.