My First Atv Is In My Garage ! Newbie Help Please :)

cityfisher

Hi all,

Just bought a 2001 honda foreman 450es

speesatvzx2.jpg

Where do I find the owners manual for it ?

Can I get extra keys cut at any KEycutter or only honda dealers ?

Where should I look to buy 2 helmets ?

Any accessories youd conisder a MUST HAVE for ice fishing/hunting ?

My rear brake is very loose... the guy said I had to have it tightened and it would be fine... any insight ?

Does anyone live in the richmond hill area that wouldnt mind looking over my atv ? just come by for a couple mins chat it up and drink some beers Im a complete newbie so someone that knows atv's would be great !!

Looking forward to taking it out on simcoe :)

nice bike waaaaaaarp

Your not touching it !! lol jk :)

Looks like you have to pay for the manual.....here's a link....the Honda website re-directs you to the following page, so it seems legit.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Sty...UKLWQARGX1N8BR2

Nice ATV btw!!!

Thanks !! gonna order it now !

Nice bike. I agree with Terry, Royal usually has some great deal. Your also close enough to run down to Snow City Cycle on Kennedy south of Elesmere for deals on gear. I got my 2 helmets there for 49 buck each on sale. So you could give them a try. I bought an extra key from the dealer and they cut it there. Some might not be able to cut them but can still sell you the blank and then you could take it to a good locksmith shop to have it cut. Avoid the ctc or home depot for cutting unless you want to buy more blanks if they screw it up, sometimes easier to go to a pro right off the bat.

Good Luck with it.

Nice bike. I agree with Terry, Royal usually has some great deal. Your also close enough to run down to Snow City Cycle on Kennedy south of Elesmere for deals on gear. I got my 2 helmets there for 49 buck each on sale. So you could give them a try. I bought an extra key from the dealer and they cut it there. Some might not be able to cut them but can still sell you the blank and then you could take it to a good locksmith shop to have it cut. Avoid the ctc or home depot for cutting unless you want to buy more blanks if they screw it up, sometimes easier to go to a pro right off the bat.

Good Luck with it.

Thanks guys ! im gonna stop by Snow City in a couple mins .... right by my work :)

hey cityfisher

nice bike. i had the 450es for a couple years and have nothing to complain baout it except for one thing in winter when going through water or slush the electric shift seems to screw up.the gears seem to freeze in place,always let it dry out after use in the winter. and for the keys i had to order mine at the honda dealership and go to whereever i wanted to get it cut. very nice bike

Edited by carll2

You've got a great ATV. I've got an 88 Yamaha Big Bear. As to which is the best ATV, that's impossible to answer. It's like asking which is the best car or pickup.

I suggest you buy a Clymers or Haynes Honda ATV manual at Canadian Tire. It will only cost about 10 bucks but you will be able to do a lot of your own maintenance. I know nothing about bikes or ATVs but I have taken apart and rebuilt 2 bikes (78 Honda CB400T and 83 Yamaha Virago 920cc) and my ATV just by using the manuals.

You've got a great ATV. I've got an 88 Yamaha Big Bear. As to which is the best ATV, that's impossible to answer. It's like asking which is the best car or pickup.

I suggest you buy a Clymers or Haynes Honda ATV manual at Canadian Tire. It will only cost about 10 bucks but you will be able to do a lot of your own maintenance. I know nothing about bikes or ATVs but I have taken apart and rebuilt 2 bikes (78 Honda CB400T and 83 Yamaha Virago 920cc) and my ATV just by using the manuals.

I ordered a Honda Manual and should be getting it soon.

Looking forward to the hardwater season !

If it came fully loaded "like in the photo" you got a great deal. ATVs don't depréciate much. The 450 Foreman is about the best there is. The only thing I don't like about the Foreman is the fact that you have to put it in neutral before putting it in reverse. It slows down tasks like plowing snow.

If it came fully loaded "like in the photo" you got a great deal. ATVs don't depréciate much. The 450 Foreman is about the best there is. The only thing I don't like about the Foreman is the fact that you have to put it in neutral before putting it in reverse. It slows down tasks like plowing snow.

Yup thats the actual ATV. I gotta take a good pic when i take it out for the first time .... came with front and rear bumpers, windshield,winch,2upseat/storage, almost brand new mud bug 25' tires and the front brakes & front wheel bearing were just changed.

just over 4 grand... not sure if i got a good deal... but i think so :)

great deal

same prices over here in quebec,, i bought mine lasy year fully loaded for 4600$ with 5k on it..one thing i love about honda is they keep thier value compared to other kinds