Weekend in Quebec City

mercman

If any of you havent been, then i strongly suggest you plan a weekend in Quebec City soon. Speeking french is not required. I heard more english while i was there than french.Tourists from all over Canada, the U.S. and basically from around the world converge on this City, to partake in the hospitality and tradition that make this country our own.

We stayed at a wonderful all inclusive Auberge, 15 minutes from Downtown.

http://www.chateaubo...e_p_57_4_en.php

We arrived there at 11A.M, unpacked and headed to Ste Anne-de-Beaupre, to visit the Basilica,, and other religious icons in that region.

Since it was a nice sunny day, we decided to do the outdoors stuff first, then,

IMGP1399.jpg

IMGP1400.jpg

IMGP1401.jpg

Montmorency Falls

IMGP1415.jpg

IMGP1411.jpg

IMGP1410.jpg

Ste. Annes Canyon

IMGP1409.jpg

IMGP1407.jpg

IMGP1406.jpg

then on Sunday, book a Brunch Cruise on the Louis Jolliette.

IMGP1421.jpg

IMGP1442.jpg

IMGP1427.jpg

IMGP1450.jpg

IMGP1433.jpg

IMGP1419.jpg

IMGP1422.jpg

IMGP1434.jpg

The pics don't do the place justice. So many interesting people to see, and so much history involved.Local Artisans selling unique hand made arts and crafts that you may never see anywhere else.

Hope you enjoyed the pics. We had a memorable stay inone of Canadas oldest cities.

You're right ... pics simply can't do Quebec City justice. I was fortunate enough to live in this city for 2 years, while doing a graduate degree at Universite Laval. My first apartment there was over 300 years old! I can't say I know the city inside and out, but I do know it better than the average tourist. I have to say, I've been to cities all over Canada, the US, Britain and northern Europe, and Quebec City is by far my favourite "urban" area to visit in the world.

Nice pic report Paul.

Did you notice you caught a person falling in the one pic? whistling.gif

You have the option of using the very fragile, swaying foot bridge, or if you have big "ONES" you can take the Zip line below the foot bridge. I do not have big "ONES"blush.gif

Back in 1965 when I was in the Navy we needed some work done to the ship and sailed from Halifax, up the St. Lawrence River, and into the Davie Shipyards in Levis for the repairs. While there we used to take the ferry across the river to Old Quebec to do what young sailors do.

It's a gorgeous old city with alot of history and is a great place to visit.

Some really nice pictures there Paul, thanks.

FANTASTIC Pics Paul....have you thought of a second career in photography... wink.gif

Also nice report......glad you and your bride had a fun weekend......

We are thinking of visiting America's Adult Playground in April.... tongue.gif

Funny you should say that Bob, we may be going to Vegas at the end of January on Bussiness. I love that place. If we go, it will be our third time.clapping.gif

Back in 1965 when I was in the Navy we needed some work done to the ship and sailed from Halifax, up the St. Lawrence River, and into the Davie Shipyards in Levis for the repairs. While there we used to take the ferry across the river to Old Quebec to do what young sailors do.

It's a gorgeous old city with alot of history and is a great place to visit.

Some really nice pictures there Paul, thanks.

Thanks Lew

Here is a couple i took of the shipyards. It was raining at the time, so not the best pics.Still one of the busiest yards in N.A.

IMGP1448.jpg

IMGP1447.jpg

Funny you should say that Bob, we may be going to Vegas at the end of January on Bussiness. I love that place. If we go, it will be our third time.clapping.gif

I was looking at the Harrah's hotel chains and went through my wife's Total Reward points and it looks like we are being comped 5 FREE (my favorite 4 letter word) nights in April.....can't beat that deal :thumbsup_anim: with an Ugly Stick...

If you go in Jan take some sweaters and or jackets....it's cold there at that time of the year.

Edited by Billy Bob