Congrats Leafs

Dondorfish

I've been quiet since last night for obvious reasons (my freakin' team lost!! lol). I said I was worried the game was in Toronto and in the end it may have been the difference. Seven power plays to Montreal's 4, and three 5 on 3's in what was the most important game of the year. Koivu's call early in the 3rd was tough to take - one hand on the stick reaching for the puck and Wellwood dives. Kubina knocked a net off as well.

I can't bring myself to cheer for another Canadian team just because they are Canadian. Of the six I am only fond of two (Montreal and Edmonton), and they are both out.

I'd like to see what kind of damage Minnesota will do. Will probably keep an eye on Dallas as well. Dallas - Vancouver should be a good one!

As far as my prediction is concerned, Sundin, Nasland, Alfredson,Koivu, are all ging to enjoy family life somwhere near or in the land of volvo and ABBA. Do you guys really think they can get their noses dirty to lead a stanley cup team. They got nothing on the Brindamours, Sakics, Yzermans. Maybe Calgarys Captain will show how to lead a Canadian team. Ottawa, Mtl, Toronto, Vancouver should get their acts togeather and stop employing so many europeans

Don't be knockin' Koivu.

His rookie training camp they had to tell him not to hit his teammates so hard. He's only 5'10".

We all know about the cancer ordeal - missed 80 games, came back and they clinched a playoff spot on his return. I believe that was the year he lead them to an upset Over Boston after being down 3-1.

The team was on the way to a 3-1 lead but folded last year after he was taken out in game 4 of the Carolina series by a high stick. Despite the blind spot it caused and playing a defensive system under Carbo, he put up the best point total of his career, including 15 points in the final 8 games.

He's stated he would play a season without a paycheck if it meant a chance at the cup with the Habs.

Yeah, dump him. He sucks :dunno:

Edited by Northhunter

As far as my prediction is concerned, Sundin, Nasland, Alfredson,Koivu, are all ging to enjoy family life somwhere near or in the land of volvo and ABBA. Do you guys really think they can get their noses dirty to lead a stanley cup team. They got nothing on the Brindamours, Sakics, Yzermans. Maybe Calgarys Captain will show how to lead a Canadian team. Ottawa, Mtl, Toronto, Vancouver should get their acts togeather and stop employing so many europeans

With the utmost respect, Sakic and Yzerman looked to their left, right and behind them and saw all stars and hall of famers all around. Including Forseberg, Lindstrom, Hasek, Datsuk, etc etc etc. Sundin looks around and sees Andropov, Pono.....ky, Ian White with Brian McCabe and did we forget five hole playing net who could not stop beach ball when the game is on the line. Also Sundin managed to captain his team to a gold medal in 06 while Sakic was the captain of Canada. Don't get me wrong, I love the guys you refer to but they did have a little help including help from Europeans. Given what Sundin has played with over the years and to put up the stats he has, this city should be grateful. He also did it with a smile on his face and never publicly criticizing the city or its pathetic management. He has earned my respect. Can't comment on the other guys you mentioned.