Congrats Leafs

Dondorfish

OMG!!!! I am so ticked!!!! 1) the Habs lost, not that they deserved to win, but who did?2) some of the penalties called are just ridiculous, this is supposed to be hockey, isn't it? I need another pint. Andy

Edited by Andy

For the classy Hab's fans in this thread I will add this....

..............W......L......OTL

Toronto ..40.....31......11

Montreal..42....34........6

The Leafs may make the playoffs with a losing record. The Habs won't make the playoffs with a winning record. I hate this overtime point thing and I'm a Leaf fan.

Agreed with Charlied and SlowPoke.The three point system has to go... and Koivus slewfoot should've got him at least 2min!Have to say that even though I'm a huge Leaf fan, I'd rather see the Habs in the playoffs than the Islanders. GO DEVILS!

And a big HECK YEAH!!! to the Maple Leafs and fans out there!!! Once you're in, anything can happen :thumbsup_anim: GO LEAFS GO!!!

Edited by Jigger

also how about in the west...almost same cenario with Calgary and Colorado.....man has Colorado been playing some great hockey....they were down like 8 or 10 points and now if they win tonight it may come down to them facing off tomorrow for a playoff spot, unless Calgary beats Edmonton tonight...which I think is gonna happen.

It was a bonus for the leafs to have an extra 2 players in stripped shirts on their taem ....the advantage of being at the centre of the universe...

I hope buffalo pound the crap out of em ...that is if the Ilses don't eliminate them tomorrow..

Matt the leaf hater

:worthy:

For the classy Hab's fans in this thread I will add this....

..............W......L......OTL

Toronto ..40.....31......11

Montreal..42....34........6

The Leafs may make the playoffs with a losing record. The Habs won't make the playoffs with a winning record. I hate this overtime point thing and I'm a Leaf fan.

Last time I checked being games over 500 is a winning record. And the reason why so many overtime loses is because leafs sucked in overtime, just remeber how many times montreal won in the over time or shootout.

LEAFS ALL THE WAY GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - but i dont mind the shootout , but make it 10 minutes of OT first of 4 on 4, most games should be able to end by then.... then have a shoot out if still tied, but eliminate the single point winner gets 2, loser NOTHING

Even though i am extremely disappointed with Leafs management, I think this team way over achieved for their level of talent. Good on them. Islanders will still be playing a AHL team tomorrow and Leafs season will be over.

With that said, last I checked before they introduced the OT and the single point for the loss there was no OT and it was considered a tie. In essance Leafs poor OT record worked to Montreals good OT record.

Can't blame the point system for that one. Leafs would have made it if OT did not exist.

LOL, it's so funny how when the habs were ahead of the leafs you guys were cheering and saying your gonna kill the leafs and now when we beats you the excuses are already starting. Leafs are only ahead of us because of those cheap overtime loses :blahblah1: If the islanders win tommrow then oh well.. that's hockey. But atleast we can say we went out by kicking your ass ahahah GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Islanders playing an AHL team tomorrow......WHAT....New Jersey is by far an AHL team. Yes Brodeur is a big reason the won alot of games this season but they have some pretty talented guys out there. I hardly think a team that that has 106 points this season in the NHL is an AHL class team, plus Jersey has tonight off and Islanders played today! Can't believe someone thinks Jersey is an AHL calibre team! WOW

Islanders playing an AHL team tomorrow......WHAT....New Jersey is by far an AHL team. Yes Brodeur is a big reason the won alot of games this season but they have some pretty talented guys out there. I hardly think a team that that has 106 points this season in the NHL is an AHL class team, plus Jersey has tonight off and Islanders played today! Can't believe someone thinks Jersey is an AHL calibre team! WOW

I don't think he means jersey is a ahl team its jsut the jersey will be resting thier stars and playing the ahl rookies

Edited by xrap

No, they are a very good team. That is not what i mean. They have nothing to play for, can't advance or go back. Last thing they want is to have one or two of their top players go down to an injury against an Islanders team that will be playing very hard for something. Brodeur will sit and their top guys will have their playing min reduces. The 3rd and 4th liners will get more playing time and a few guys who are on the bubble will be getting a look prior to the playoffs start by the NJ coaching staff. They have no reason to compete in this game and given the high intensity of NHL hockey, if one team is competing and the other is riding out the season, my guess is NY wins and wins big. I may be wrong but as a Leaf fan I hope not. I like the team but they do not have depth or talent and will get smoked by Buffalo and I don't want management to have any reason to keep Ferguson. This guy is as bad a GM as they come. Just look at his record. Show me something that worked well that he did. I will show you many moves that were total busts.

Al this drama for a team that hasn't actually made the playoffs yet. And if they do, they'll get their butts kicked in the first round anyways. And for the record, I'm a Leafs fan. Or at least I try to be.

who knows what they will do...but the season series is 5-1 for Jersey! I don't see them sitting all or most there top players. Oh ya Sabres suck...LOL Kidding. If leafs play bad defensively against the sabres they will more than likely sweep! They need to win 2 in Buffalo thou.

Well the Flames are in now and take the final 8t place spot in the West...good for them, nice to see another canadian team in the playoffs!

Edited by charlied

Congrats to the leaf team and all of its fans from a very sad habs fan. Hope the islanders bomb out for ya

Don

Classy move Tracker. I have to say if not a beautiful game it certainly was entertaining! I was on the edge of my seat more than once. Montreal versus Toronto to get into the playoffs. It doesn't get much better than that!It could have gone either way, but the Leafs really did deserve the win. It's not like Montreal didn't have any time to come back. The Leafs just held them back. By the way,where was Kovalev tonight?I'd like to say I was sorry we eliminated Les Canadien,but I'm not. All the ribbing we Leaf fans took is only equalled by the whining Habs fans are doing now! If the Leafs get in the playoffs do I think we can beat the Sabres? No, I wouldn't bet my house on it ..... but I'll sure to whooping and hollering for a couple more days . Thanks again Tracker for the well wishing. That really was a classy move. Sorry I couldn't follow suit.