Congrats Leafs

Dondorfish

While admittedly entertaining, I thought the game was a really good display of Junior A goaltending, by both guys! Neither team has the goaltending it takes to go anywhere in the playoffs, so it's just another year of disappontment for this long suffering Leaf Fan!

HH

true but at least we may get 4 more games of leaf hockey. I watch almost every game thats on tv, not just the leafs...so I just love hockey in general. I just wanna watch more leaf games. If they play Buffalo and lose oh well. I am not bitter towards the leafs like alot of leaf fans are. So what if people think it was a dissapointing season and hearing all the guys ticked off cause of management...doesn't bother me one bit...they are paid to entertain the fans and as a fan I was entertained for most of the season. So my hat goes off to all the teams that made the playoffs....it was one heck of a year of hockey and alot of high scoring teams to boot!

It was a bonus for the leafs to have an extra 2 players in stripped shirts on their taem ....the advantage of being at the centre of the universe...

I hope buffalo pound the crap out of em ...that is if the Ilses don't eliminate them tomorrow..

Matt the leaf hater

:blahblah1::jerry::blahblah1:

You'll make a good Senators fan some day, just go easy on the cheese with that whine.

Last time I checked being games over 500 is a winning record. And the reason why so many overtime loses is because leafs sucked in overtime, just remeber how many times montreal won in the over time or shootout.

LEAFS ALL THE WAY GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leafs lost more then they won, Habs won more then they lost. I'm not sure why people (you're not alone) fail to consider the OTL's when quoting a percentage record. I hear it all the time on the radio... regular time or overtime, it's still a loss.

Yes, the Hab's killed the Leafs in OT and I was sure it was going to come back to bite 'em.... i.e. Leafs win in overtime, Hab's still advance due to the extra point.

I agree - but i dont mind the shootout , but make it 10 minutes of OT first of 4 on 4, most games should be able to end by then.... then have a shoot out if still tied, but eliminate the single point winner gets 2, loser NOTHING

I agree completely... I'd love to see ten minutes of 4 on 4, I'd be exhausted just watching it.

The Penguins vs Senators is going to be a GREAT first round matchup, not a SEns or Pitts fan but that is going to be the series I watch...Lots of offensive talent in that one. Heatly,Spezza,Crosby,Malkin etc...... AWESOME!!

If the Leafs make it they will get smoked by Buffalo..... Hell they got smoked by Buffalo when Buffalo basically played the Rochester Americans due to injuries earlier in the year.

Guest Johnny Bass

That was a great game. The leafs have heart. Never gave up. The Canadian fans must have been laughing at 5-3. I dont think they are laughing anymore.

Islanders are playing well but if Brodeur plays, they are done.

Calgary is in but I think the Candian teams to watch are Ottawa and Vancouver. I like the fact Ottawa added Roberts and I like the Vancouver goaltending.

Buffalo has a good chance to win the cup.

The Penguins vs Senators is going to be a GREAT first round matchup, not a SEns or Pitts fan but that is going to be the series I watch...Lots of offensive talent in that one. Heatly,Spezza,Crosby,Malkin etc...... AWESOME!!

If the Leafs make it they will get smoked by Buffalo..... Hell they got smoked by Buffalo when Buffalo basically played the Rochester Americans due to injuries earlier in the year.

:thumbsup_anim::clapping::clapping::clapping:

So true :clapping: I LOVE IT

congrats leafs!! was an awesome game..hopefully the islanders win today, and if not il enjoy watching sabres @ leafs... and yes its official my playoff tem is buffalo sabres, well who else can i root for now that habs are out??

GO SABRES GO!!!!!!! kick some leafs butt

If the Isles WIN .... Leafs go golfing. (91 PT-TOR versus 92 PTS-NYI) ... 92 PTS

If the Isles TIE ... Leafs to to Buffalo (40 Wins-TOR versus 39 Wins-NYI) .... 91 PTS

If the Isles LOSE ... Leafs to to Buffalo (91 PTS-TOR versus 90 PTS-NYI) .... 90 PTS

Season Series .... Leafs 1-3 versus the Isles.

Nov 20: Leafs WIN 4-2

Feb 13: Isles WIN 3-2 in SO

Feb 22: Isles WIN 3-2 in SO

Apr 05: Isles WIN 5-2

Edited by 98Fahrenheit

Guest Trophymuskie
The Penguins vs Senators is going to be a GREAT first round match up, not a Sens or Pitts fan but that is going to be the series I watch...Lots of offensive talent in that one. Heatly,Spews,Crosby,Mal kin etc...... AWESOME!!

Winner of this series is defiantly the favorite to win the cup. Naturally that will be the Senators.

As for the makebelieafs they only have a few more hours before they book their tee times.

As for last night's game I only got to watch some of the third period and it sure looked like I predicted that the fix was in. Two 5 on 3 in the first minutes of the third period and the rest of the period was played in the leafs end where white shirts were tripped pulled interfered with ect ect but no calls.

It's just sad that we'll have one less Canadian team in the playoffs, thank you Beteman.

Winner of this series is defiantly the favorite to win the cup. Naturally that will be the Senators.

As for the makebelieafs they only have a few more hours before they book their tee times.

As for last night's game I only got to watch some of the third period and it sure looked like I predicted that the fix was in. Two 5 on 3 in the first minutes of the third period and the rest of the period was played in the leafs end where white shirts were tripped pulled interfered with ect ect but no calls.

It's just sad that we'll have one less Canadian team in the playoffs, thank you Beteman.

Its too bad your hockey sense isn't as good as your fishing sense, Naturally if you followed hockey, you'd realize that the Sens have no clue when it comes to playoff hockey...And the teams that are gunning for the cup are in the west. Emery has no shot. But good luck to your team, nonetheless.

ya you only watched some of the third...at the end of the second ..Wellwood got a massive high stick in the face and thats the reason for that 5-3....had nothing to do with a fix game. Man I love it when the non-leaf fans talk crap. So many leaf haters on here...whats the deal...this is a congrats post to the leafs not lets jump on the wagon and find another reason to bash them. And for the canadians fan who is now a sabres fan cause the canadians are out...man thats an original ban wagon jumping...how original to go to the best tea in the league....if the leafs make it and get put out I go for Vancouver.

hey what can i say i have to cheer for somebody and i really doubt vancouver.calgary,toronto or even ottawa will make it past the 2nd or 3rd round.. to each his own.. i dont disaprove of you rooting for the leafs , so if i wanna go for the sabres now that the habs are out its my choice.. anyways lets bring on the playoffs already ..btw 1-0 islanders wohoooo

Enough talk of the reffing fix. If you watched the 3rd you saw the uncalled slew foot by Koivu on Coliaccova, the uncalled cross check from behind on Deveraux, the uncalled 6 Canadiens on the ice near the bench on a bad change. Leafs had 2 more PP than the Habs and made them count - hardly a fix.

40 minutes done. Isles still up 1-0 on Richard Park's goal in the first. The Leafs fate will be decided in 20 minutes. Isles TIE or LOSS means Leafs go to Buffalo .... otherwise .... Paul Maurice should start looking at what course to begin the golf season .....

I thought was funny as hell!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Enjoy Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt