Fishin before Irene

mercman

I thought maybe i would try and get a bit of water time in today with the wife.Its calling for 90-100KMH winds here and 100cm of rain tomorrow, so off we went. Tried trolling up the shipping chanel and into the Laprairie Basin, but caught nothing.I stopped the boat, and we decided to to change up and try another tactic.

Put on the old worm and spinner that works so well here, and began a slow drift back the way we came, using the trolling motor to keep us along the weed edges.

First couple of fish were dink Perch, then i caught a small walley.Shortly after that one, i caught this.The only really photo worthy fish of the day.17" SMB

HPIM1831.jpg

Nothing fights like a good smallieworthy.gif

Put 2 more Walleye in the boat, a 40 and a 47cm(in the slot). and caught a little Pike About 24" long.

Dink Perch were everywhere, and after feeding them a bit, we decided to get ready to head for shore.

We stopped beside a boat with a father and 2 small sons, and gave him a couple of our secret homemade spinners for his kids to use, then left.

On the way back, we were flagged down by a man and woman on a jet ski.Ran out of gaswallbash.gif Dont they have a gas gauge on those thingsdunno.gif

Towed them back to shore and headed for the dock.

Twas a good day on the water.

Edited by mercman

Can't see it if it's behind me Wayne. dunno.gif

It works really wel too. I sat in the driver seat, and positioned it with a rod in the holder, until i found the place where it gave me the best access, without interfereing with my sonar or console.I just have to touch the rod to feel if i have weeds on.Plus, i tied a 4 foot flouro leader to the main line with a swivel. The swivel catches any floating weeds before it reaches the lure.