Nasty weather headed our way!!

Headhunter

On a more serious note, I heard a Tornado may have touched down in Shelburne

Hope not, I grew up there waaay back when the Leafs could actually win and some astronomers are already camped in Mount Forest for a start party this weekend. They had severe weather a couple of years ago as well.

Hope everyone comes out unscathed tonight.

WB

So far in the east end of Hamilton it's been a big light show but not much else. Hopefully that's all.

Ya constant thunder/lightening last two hours here in Toronto but not much else.

Kinda like having strobe light in windows :thumbsup_anim:

Storm is now in hamilton area....I have been told a tornado was seen near brantford heading towards hamilton

Long story short... Yes, i was TRYING to get away from it. Never seen anything like it before. A wall of water out of nowhere and more wind than i have ever seen. If it wasn't a tornado than i couldn't even imagine one

Been nothing but lightning here in Chatham since 9pm or earlier now they just said take cover so I had to check OFC LOL we are watching BB13 and hope that the roof stays on the house. the thunder just got the dog off the couch so he is making his rounds of the house to be sure things are OK. Hope everyone makes it through this storm system tonight.

Wow, that's crazy Mike :o

Well it has not stopped thunder and lightening since about 8 p.m. here in Richmond Hill. Still going on with some good rumbly thunders. I got some great video from my mom's 10th floor balcony tonight, just uploading to Youtube. I'll post them later when they're done.

Heck of a storm, not much wind here though!

Okay, been trying to download last night and this morning. Ran out of time before work but got 3 downloaded. This one is the best of the downloads so far. Really shows the power of the thunder and lightening.

Okay, here is one more video I uploaded at lunch. It's not very long. It's funny tho, I tell my mom the power just went out up the hill and she says, the power may be out here soon, how are you on going down 10 flights of stairs :lol: Then she says maybe we should go in and after that a lightening bolt goes between the balcony we are on and the building close to us. Yep, time to go in :o

Edited by Joey

Here's a better article on the storms last night.

Storm Info

According to that link one (F-1) confirmed tornado so far. Happened around Burlington.

More reports to be investigated.

That was the most incredible display of lightening here in T.O. ever. At least 3 hrs of constant, close strikes. :thumbsup_anim:

Joey...great videos! Strike between the two buildings? Yikes!

I heard on the news they reported 500 strikes of lightning every 2 minutes. Was unbelievable. A few were right above me and the thunder scared the crap out of me as it shook the house and rattled window panes. The ceiling light in my room was off...but glowed softly for about 20 seconds...I bolted and ran until it stopped lol!

More info on the confirmed tornado.

Environment Canada has confirmed that a tornado touched down near Cambridge, Ont., on Wednesday night as wild weather swept across southern Ontario.

An F1 tornado with winds between 120 km/h and 170 km/h was confirmed southeast of Cambridge, located about 90 kilometres west of Toronto.

Environment Canada said the tornado touched down just after 9 p.m. ET at Little's Corners and tracked 15 kilometres southeast to Westover.

The path of the tornado was up to 300 metres wide at times.

An agency investigator was sent to the Burlington area to check whether damage there was caused by a tornado, but that event has been classified as a downburst.

There were also reports of possible tornadoes and funnel clouds in parts of eastern Lambton County, Middlesex County, Huron-Perth and Bruce counties.