Saw this on Lake Dalrymple this weekend!

That sign has the Trillum and the Ontario provincial stamp on it. It's definitely not fake. He probably stole it, lol!!

I was thinking he made it himself....or had someone make it. Just seems more like a photoshop creation than a legitimate gov't sign. dunno.gif That, plus, why would they put the sign on his dock?

Ah well.....I'm with Terry....we go flip his dock and see what he flips back

Edited by johnnyb

I was thinking he made it himself....or had someone make it. Just seems more like a photoshop creation than a legitimate gov't sign. dunno.gif That, plus, why would they put the sign on his dock?

Ah well.....I'm with Terry....we go flip his dock and see what he flips back

Johnny, make sure you take some pics :) :)

I totally understand where he is coming from

he saved and saved and through hard work and sacrifice was able to come up with enough money to buy his dream home on the water

only to find every boat owner and fisherman thinks he can come around and disturb his perfect world..

and some arrogant fishermen even think they can flip his docks...I mean come on this is his property, his dream, his life, damn it his castle ..and he will defend it any way he likes

of course he is dead wrong...but I do understand his opinion

it would be like me in the city trying to kick people off the side walks or streets around my house because it is my castle and how dare people think they can disturb my life ...kids making noise and skateboarding around my property..the nerve Shirley I have the right to kill them

hurt them

take their boards...

the real world is not always what we dream, get over it

Edited by Terry

I use to have a trailer on that lake,, lazy acres , i think it is something else now ,, about 10 or so years ago,, very weedy lake and full of leaches ,very shallow and upper is even worse for water,, We went to upper one day and barely got there and there was one guy there with his boat and going in reverse to cut the weeds down with his engine ,, we stayed there one year ,, didnt like t he lake at all ,caught a few pike and walleye ,.Why does he have a net on his dock and when i was there ,i dont remember any fish sancturarys ,, on maps it will show ,so next time throw him a map of lake and see if it is on there,, nice set up though ,he spent a lot of time doing that..

• 3 weeks later...

Was doing a little fishing along Avery Point yesterday and came upon this property,

dalrympledope2.jpg

There is an extensive dock maybe 100 or so feet out into the lake some area`s are roped off and there is an official MNR sign that says no fishing spawning area!!! :rofl2:

This guy has a fishing net and a rod in a rod holder ready to go I guess he is allowed to fish in the

"spawning area"!

I was wondering if the MNR would be interested in knowing that people are borrowing their signs and using them?

The guy saw me taking pictures and came out of his cottage and he did look angry,I just left wasn`t really interest in getting into an argument! That`s a first for me I think!!! :lol:

I would be angry too if I saw some moron in a boat taking pictures of my stuff. You are definitely a very big loser mister. Get a life! This guy obviously has a family and judging by that slide there are kids around. I have a similar setup and find lures and hooks everywhere mostly stuck in little kids. This guy is protecting the children from YOUR lures. Move on! There are thousands of lakes out there and true fishermen catch in natural habitats anyways. Not under someone's dock. Your such a loser!

I would be angry too if I saw some moron in a boat taking pictures of my stuff. You are definitely a very big loser mister. Get a life! This guy obviously has a family and judging by that slide there are kids around. I have a similar setup and find lures and hooks everywhere mostly stuck in little kids. This guy is protecting the children from YOUR lures. Move on! There are thousands of lakes out there and true fishermen catch in natural habitats anyways. Not under someone's dock. Your such a loser!

Someone who creates an account on an internet site solely to dredge up an old post in order to make a venemous reply, well that's got loser written all over it.

Someone needs a timeout

This makes me want to cast under the slide

Nothing wrong to protect your kids, but dont post fake sign, what if my little boy want to bike on the street outside of my house, should I put some fake road close sign on the street to prevent cars drive thu the street?

First, I have no idea who this guy is and I don't own a cottage. However, from my perspective, the guy clearly has kids and is trying to create a safe environment for them so they don't end up with your rusted hook lodged into their foot and an emergency run to the hospital. To many of you are taking this way to seriously. It is simply his way as a father to ask you not to throw sharp objects that can hurt his kids at his dock. Seems logical to me. While I love to fish like the next guy, as a dad, I have to respect his imagination to protect his family. My guess is his dock is not the mecca honey hole on the lake that is worth this fuss and crazy debate leading to a call to the MNR. Maybe tomorrow you can report a jaywalker.

From my perspective, you have way to much time on your hands to cause this guy personal issues with the MNR and possibly police for simply trying to keep hooks out of his kids feet. Furthermore, do you catch the news from BC lately. If I saw someone taking pictures of my home who I did not know, again, as a father and all the crazy people that are out there, I would be pretty pissed as well. From my perspective, your holier than though attitude just caused this guy a very significant headache. But I guess from your perspective, you now have a honey hole to fish and if you are lucky you will catch one bass a year from under that dock. So his personal headache that he will now need to deal with and possible fine must be worth at least one more fish for you this year.

Nothing wrong to protect your kids, but dont post fake sign, what if my little boy want to bike on the street outside of my house, should I put some fake road close sign on the street to prevent cars drive thu the

What if people were constantly smashing glass out front of your house and your kids were coming in screaming with cuts all over their feet? I'm sure you would be ok with that eh analogy guy?

The sign is ridiculous, but i think some of you are way overboard. It's clearly a swimming area for his kids. Public water or not, the ministry does grant some latitude to cottage owners and docks (providing they are reasonable). Also doesn't look like anything close to 100 feet to me.

Is there a full moon tonite???

Keep putting stupid illegal signs up and I will continue to report it to the authorities,you gotta a problem with me drop by lot 47 at layzee acres! :asshat:

Not this weekend though I won`t be there!

[/quote

LAZEE ACRES sounds about right. I won't be there but the owner of that cottage may just drop by.

Let him know that Mr. Sensitivity at 47 at layzee acres has a few pictures he may want back!

You two donkeys sound like a couple of spoiled, greedy and wealthy cottage owners, posing as caring parents.

You crossed the line when you put a "forged"/fake sign up - end of story!!!!!

I would fish there just because of that sign.

On the other hand - I would never fish a dock with people on or near it, nor would I ever leave a hook behind.

Fact - you don't own the water and we all need to share and follow basic laws (like not putting illegal signs up)

Take a hike!