nanofil - opinions pls

Cudz

I fished with it all day again today and today I didn't use a floro leader, just direct to the jig head. again the casting was good but I cannot say that this is the new be all end all I must have line out there on the market. Mind you young_one was getting rather pissed with the fact I was catching a LOT more and bigger fish then he was so who knows... :whistling:

Haven`t read anything yet that makes me want to buy a spool, I am the only guy left on the planet that still likes and uses mono? :Gonefishing:

No you're not. I've never taken a cast with anything other than mono, and probably never will.

You're not the only one.... all I ever use is mono and not planning on switching anytime soon :)

It must be us 'Older' or should I say more 'Mature' Fisherman who still use mono!!

I went to the local CTC last Week looking for this 'Nanofil' but there was none to be had!

But I picked up a spool of Power Pro to try BUT now I need some special 'Fiskars' scissors to cut it with

So I am still in the Only Mono Group!

Rick

Edited by RickOnt

LOL Rick -- you don't need special scissors....regular ones will do just fine. I grab the 3 pk. of Wiltshire cheapies when CanTire puts'em on sale for $6 or $8. They work just fine....wait till you're jigging deep water with this stuff....you feel everything biggrin.gif

Edited by johnnyb

Thanks Johnny

The Wife has gone to Michaels to-day, so she is gonna get me a pair of the Fiskars, and I am gonna spool up a reel and give the Power Pro a go!

We have a cottage rented up near Bancroft next week so I will get some time to experiment.

Rick

I was at CTC today and picked up(picked up) a spool of six lb. Looked at it,felt it. Seemed like a very nice smooth line,but like you said,if your going to tie on a floro leader,it,s not much better then the rest.

I put it back in the rack.

I did the same thing last Friday...rushed down to CT, saw it was stark white and put it back on the rack. Maybe I'm old fashioned, I'm ok with tying on a leader to downsized poundage/diameter for finicky fish but tying on 10lb fluoro to hide 10lb whatever?? Just me I guess. dunno.gif

After fishing the clear water(green tint)of the St. Larry for the last 2 weeks with this line(10 lbs) tied directly to the hook.My buddy and I caught 200 smallies up to 4 1/2 lbs, not once did I get a wind knot. Thats the first time for me fishing with a spinning set-up.It looks very visible(which I like,gettig old),but it didn,t bother the fish.Heres a pic we took(playing with new lens)......

1-Edit-2 (Large).jpg

Will try it on one of my drop shot rods(with leader) and one of my weightless worm rods this weekend and see how it goes. Both will be 12 pounds. One will be replacing hi vis braid, and the other will be replacing braid with floro leader. The drop shot rod will still have a leader and the worm rod will have no leader.