mnr wants to seal more land

chessy

I came across this while surfing i can not for the life of me see how they (mnr ) can seal up the land for outfitters and i can not see how the OFAH can agree to a 2km radious they are fighing for it but they should be fighing for a complete area accessed by all

http://www.ofah.org/downloads/pdf/news/2011/PreliminaryOFAHResponse_CLUAH_Stage_III.pdf

I came across this while surfing i can not for the life of me see how they (mnr ) can seal up the land for outfitters and i can not see how the OFAH can agree to a 2km radious they are fighing for it but they should be fighing for a complete area accessed by all

http://www.ofah.org/downloads/pdf/news/2011/PreliminaryOFAHResponse_CLUAH_Stage_III.pdf

I think lake simcoe should be designated as no access except for walking within 2 km...maybe Rice as well...lets get the remote factor back to southern Ontario where they come up with this crap

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i don't think they'll lock it up. as more and more people have negative experiences regarding the way our crown land is being managed, the more likely we will see changes in the future.

it's about time that OFAH did SOMETHING about this even if it's a small contribution.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

i don't think they'll lock it up. as more and more people have negative experiences regarding the way our crown land is being managed, the more likely we will see changes in the future.

it's about time that OFAH did SOMETHING about this even if it's a small contribution.

but the OFAH is in favor of a 2km ban from the way i read it ....they should be in favor of it being wide open..... i know i can not be pro ofah only when i want to ... that is why the ofah should not speak for us.... i am sending in my own ebr comment that it should remain open to all people .... its our tax dollars that are paying for this.....

I think lake simcoe should be designated as no access except for walking within 2 km...maybe Rice as well...lets get the remote factor back to southern Ontario where they come up with this crap

with the towns closing/selling ramps and access spots, no parking signs and no parking with trailers signs, they have almost done it anyways

with the towns closing/selling ramps and access spots, no parking signs and no parking with trailers signs, they have almost done it anyways

Just think of the money land owners will be able to make....just like the outfitters...more taxes to be paid

Just think of the money land owners will be able to make....just like the outfitters...more taxes to be paid

Thats one angle but i feel there are many more. One of the most frightening being UN's agenda 21 and returning certain parts of North America back to the wild and creating areas that are off limits to humans, but I won't go any further on that topic here on OFC.

True Enuff Terry R with a circle

Sorry to learn the 'Plain Clothed" Team came at you all like Rambo on your Fly In Adventure

Yah the Machete would be MY first response as well Dude

Take Care

Paul

I can't say that I read through all the governments proposed policies, but I do support the increased conservation and protection of the remote lakes. If I understand the OFAH position, it looks like they want to increase access to all these remote lakes. To me that just seems counter to their supposed stance on conservation.

I'll have to spend some time wading my way through that web of government documents to better educate myself on this proposal.

I believe September 1st 2011 is that last day for public comment.

Thanks for posting that link.

It's like Lady Evelyn/Smoothwater. 3 years ago they made it so canoers can pay to have them and their canoe flown in, but I can't fly my own wife in and drop her and her canoe off. Get my markings and I'll see you in tribunal ! :P We were shown one draft that was acceptable to the flying community and then they passed a different document thru the gazette !

I can't say that I read through all the governments proposed policies, but I do support the increased conservation and protection of the remote lakes. If I understand the OFAH position, it looks like they want to increase access to all these remote lakes. To me that just seems counter to their supposed stance on conservation.

I'll have to spend some time wading my way through that web of government documents to better educate myself on this proposal.

I believe September 1st 2011 is that last day for public comment.

Thanks for posting that link.

It has nothing to do with conservation and protection. If it was then they would outlaw aircraft access as well. it is totally to protect the flyin camps.

People in the north have limited recreation available. Therefore they fish and enjoy the outdoors. They are having their recreation land taken away from them so tourist operators can make a buck.

Like I saidrestrict access to simcoe and rice before you before you limit northerners access

Educate yourself on life in the north before you make laws to control it

Edited by Dara

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I can't say that I read through all the governments proposed policies, but I do support the increased conservation and protection of the remote lakes.

This is nothing to do with conservation. Conservation would be limiting access to all to preserve the fishery.

This is just a case of auctioning off our resources to the highest bidder.

A truly remote lake doesn't have parties of anglers staying on it every week.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

The way I see it is that limiting access to a fishery is indeed a form of conservation. I think there is plenty of evidence to support the impact on the fishery when access is less restrictive. Why does it have to be black and white - no access or complete access? Why no middle ground? That is where everyone benefits in the long run.