Going to Ottawa with a buddy in Sept.

Big Cliff

Just two old farts going to take a couple of days R&R and we are thinking of going to Ottawa (for starters). Looking for suggestions for a good clean place to stay that won't break the bank and good places to eat (we like almost anything) but again good food but not stupid prices. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Travelodge on Carling Ave. Stayed there a few times for conferences.Good clean place, and has a couple of really nice retaurants with good food.It is not right in downtown so you dont get all the traffic and noise, but is within 20 minutes from parliment hill.

http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=11311&cid=GTFTL&brandInfo=TL

Too bad mom sold her house, i woulda told her to put out an extra couple of plates, get the guest rooms ready, and pull out the familly photo albumsclapping.gif

Hey Cliff,

My brother in law Steve has a place right on the river across from Hull. It's vacant until the 27th of Sept. Not sur if it's the area you are looking for, buts it's available to you if you want it.

Let me know,

Simon

Edited by pikeslayer

Thanks for the info guys and thanks for the offer Simon but it looks like we are only going to be spending one night in Ottawa, that travel lodge looks good Paul, thanks. From there we are just going to grab a map and throw a dart, lord knows where we'll end up(as long as it isn't in jail LOL)

Sorry Beans, I'd do a road trip with you any time though! This is an old friend of 30+ years who just needs some one on one time with a good friend so we are just going to pretend we're 30 again, wild and free. He has a Mustang classic rag top (hope the weather is nice LOL)we're just going to crank the tunes and cruse. :devil:

Thanks for the info guys and thanks for the offer Simon but it looks like we are only going to be spending one night in Ottawa, that travel lodge looks good Paul, thanks. From there we are just going to grab a map and throw a dart, lord knows where we'll end up(as long as it isn't in jail LOL)

Sorry Beans, I'd do a road trip with you any time though! This is an old friend of 30+ years who just needs some one on one time with a good friend so we are just going to pretend we're 30 again, wild and free. He has a Mustang classic rag top (hope the weather is nice LOL)we're just going to crank the tunes and cruse. devil.gif

clapping.gif

I'll call ahead and clear the queensway for your arrival Cliffthumbsup_anim.gif Have fun in my home town.

Ixnay on the Wayne Newton tunes now Cliff. They just won't cut it anymore.

Wayne Newton never did cut it for me LOL. Now some of the Air Supply; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; Creedence Clearwater Revival stuff, well that is a different story. Fortunatly we both love a good variety of music!

Lord knows where we'll end up but the one thing you can be sure of is we'll have fun, eat well, might have a drink or two and probably come back feeling our age. :blush:

Just two old farts going to take a couple of days R&R and we are thinking of going to Ottawa (for starters). Looking for suggestions for a good clean place to stay that won't break the bank and good places to eat (we like almost anything) but again good food but not stupid prices. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Lots of good eats in the "Market" just east of Parliament. The Dunn's is always good. And if you like ethnic good you're in luck they have some of the best Indian, Middle Eastern and Asian good in Canada. If you're looking for a pub the Crown and Anchor is by far the best in Ottawa. There are four or five different pubs in the own establishment. Eat and be merry!

Wayne Newton never did cut it for me LOL. Now some of the Air Supply; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; Creedence Clearwater Revival stuff, well that is a different story. Fortunatly we both love a good variety of music!

Lord knows where we'll end up but the one thing you can be sure of is we'll have fun, eat well, might have a drink or two and probably come back feeling our age. blush.gif

Sue told me to tell you to behave yourself Cliff.

And remember.............

'There ain't no chicks in jail' whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Sue told me to tell you to behave yourself Cliff.

And remember.............

'There ain't no chicks in jail' whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

On that note Simon, I won't give him the addresses that I was going to.............. :whistling: