Spinning reel advice

cynmar

Well my little Korean, Canadian tire 7bearing spinning reel has finally bit the dust after 6 years. I am looking for a small spinning reel for use with my light action Daiwa rod that I use for perch. Even though light action , this rod has landed a 41" Northern with this little reel. I have a Pfleuger President but at around 11 oz. it is way to heavy for this set up. Any suggestions, looking at not much over $100.00 so lower end Shimano , or Pflueger or other. I'm not brand dominated, just want a relatively good, long lasting reel. :thumbsup_anim:

(And it's 6' rod not 6" , Bill you dummy):wallbash:

Bill

Edited by fishingBill

I just picked up a Shimano Saros 1000F for my oldman because he liked using mine so much. 750 body size with the 1000 sized spool.

Absolutely love it. Use it for everything from specs to walleyes.

Edited by BillM

Ok Gray Whiskers talkin here to save Ya'll headaches down road from my vast experience :whistling:

Spinning Reels---Shimano

Spinning Rods----St Croix

Finders---------Lowrance

Boats----------Tiller

Salmon Bait-----Stay Pufts

Ok the last 2 are debatable :Gonefishing:

Ok Gray Whiskers talkin here to save Ya'll headaches down road from my vast experience :whistling:

Salmon Bait-----Stay Pufts

Ok the last 2 are debatable :Gonefishing:

Okay that's two days in a row that I almost spewed liquid out of my nose reading replies :rofl2::rofl2:

Thanks for the input guys, I saw the Quantum in the classifieds, didn't know how heavy it was, going to check it out as well as the other suggestions. Great help.

:thumbsup_anim:

Bill

Edited by fishingBill