2 Piece Casting Rod

4x4bassin

I'm looking for a good/decent 2 piece casting rod that I can take on my atv trips , I have one piece rods but they are too awkward

to travel with on the atv . I don't want to spend to much since it is going to be traveling around on the atv getting beat up, say around

$75.00 .

Any suggestions

I picked up a Shimano "Bob Izumi" signatures series years ago at CTC.

Two piece 6' 8" casting, rated for 10 to 20 for around 69.99 plus tax.

It's been a fairly decent rod for the money and I have abused it heavily. Pretty sure they still carry them.

My fishing buddy grabbed a Rapala one. I've used it a few times and was impressed.

I was on the market for a 2 peace casting rod a while back. Nearly bought a Fenwick 2 peace. Very nice looking rods IMO.

Ended up having one given to me for free.

Ditto on what Chris said, I have a couple of the Bob Izumi signiture rods the older version blue ones 2 piece and they are super rods. I have had them for about 10 years now and they are still going strong and they will be making the trip to Ricther lake in a few weeks as well.

This is pretty funny because I had the same Bob Izumi rod you guys are talking about and just broke it on my last trip, this thing was tough as nails

but it couldn't handle an atv roll over (tough trail) I have looked for the same rod at a couple CT stores in the area with no luck !

Thanks

I've got an Izumi rod and it's great - not the casting model though.

4x4Bassin - they were on special again last week so maybe they're low on stock after that but according to the website my local store (Oakville) has all the models in.

Ugly Stick? Not real finesse, but it'll take alickin' . I bought the Izumi last year - broke on a heavy weed snag on about the 10th cast . Got a replacement (with the help of Vinnimon- thanksthumbsup_anim.gif )but not the Izumi.. Based on where it broke and the warranty coverage I figure it had a manufacturing flaw. I bought another one last week when they were on sale - hopefully this one will last longer. Find out in 24 hours I guess.

Hey sory to post off of your post 4x4 but I figured it would be better then starting a new topic on something so similar. I am taking a trip up north in mid Aug. We are going to be taking the ATV a couples miles in to a lake and then portaging in a few more lakes. I am looking at getting a 2 piece spinning rod, I don't want to bring any of my other rods as they are all 1 piece and don't want to chance breaking them. I was looking at the St. Croix Triumph or I also noticed the XPS Bionic Blade was on sale any buddy got any opinions on these rods. I own a few higher end St. Croixs and love them but thought I'd see if anyone has used the Bionic Blade spinning rods.

Thanks

Chris

Sorry again 4x4 just don't need another post on the same topic.

I'm looking for a good/decent 2 piece casting rod that I can take on my atv trips , I have one piece rods but they are too awkward

to travel with on the atv . I don't want to spend to much since it is going to be traveling around on the atv getting beat up, say around

$75.00 .

Any suggestions

BPS, Browning Siliflex 6'6" 2 pc

Impressive

Check it out

and only $39.95............

Could sell for twice the price well built!

SteveO