Walleye in Erie???

HTHM

After a week of trying, I am convinced that there are NO pickerel or walleye in Lake Erie. This Ontario skunk is becoming tiresome. Tomorrow is going to be my last kick at the can til August long weekend. Someone Please help me I am at my wits end.

I see them stacked like cordwood on the FF drag my lures trough them and no response on any sort. I resorted to dropping a worm harness down 60 feet and all I caught was a goby. :wallbash:

I bet you were off of Maitland.

If so its not you it can be a hard fish there no matter what people say.

Allot of fish being taken on the west end, Maitland will get better in a few weeks but it is not a numbers fishery there like the west end.

erie hates me as well , so keep at it. I feel your pain!

My buddy caught 27 walleye last week, due south of Port Colbourne 65'-70' of water.Fish were between 6 lbs - 9 lbs all on harnesses most off dippsies. 1.9 - 2.2 mph

Yep, I have always done well there.

Run out towards the gas wells (60'-70' FOW about 8 miles out) and run chartreuse or perch rippling redfins about 30' down on riggers. Make sure to hook a worm on the three trebles (one point on each treble though the worm). I ran custom 12' rigger rods with 6# test and run your baits about 75'-100' behind the cannon ball.

Yep, I have always done well there.

Run out towards the gas wells (60'-70' FOW about 8 miles out) and run chartreuse or perch rippling redfins about 30' down on riggers. Make sure to hook a worm on the three trebles (one point on each treble though the worm). I ran custom 12' rigger rods with 6# test and run your baits about 75'-100' behind the cannon ball.

Pretty much the same here. Long leads with a lure that dives off the cannonballs so the balls are above the fish for a stealth approach, my go-to lures are jointed Canadian Wigglers, either the 5 of diamonds pattern or the chartreuse/ green stripe with a 1/2 a dewey on the front treble.

OK, now I am looking for volunteers to show me how to do this. I have dipseys, no riggers as my boat is a Ranger bass boat. Send me a PM to set something up. Only condition, my boat and tackle. It won't teach me anything if I go in someone else's equipment, I need to learn what i can do with mine.

Forgive the PO'ed tone of this post, I used up a weeks vacation time trying to hook a walleye in Ontario. Had fun doing it, but it wouls have been nice to have had success. :wallbash::wallbash:

Sorry about your luck. Ive only been out once this year and I found that the fish were very high in the water outta Burwell. I fished one rigger and 2 dipsys for 3 hours and got one bow. I removed the rigger and dipsys and ran a 3oz inline weight in front of a 6' floro leader. I hammerd 8 in one hour. Try bringing the lures up. Also out of the 9 fish that day all but one was taken on the same spoon, greesy chicken. Good luck.