Lac Seul afternoon. Deeper, where they belong!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went to Lac Seul yesterday, left pretty late as i almost was not going to go, but for once the weather folks got it right and it started to clear up as they had forcast. I'm not one to NOT go fishing because of rain etc....but thunderstorms and wind were my concern...particularly on the big water of Lac Seul.

I spent the first hour just chilling and messing around in different bays i'd not fished before....it was not until i caught the first fish that i realised i had broken a new record.....almost an hour without a fish on Lac Seul!!!

The fish were big and numerous at my first spot...but as i was straight jigging watching my lure/bait on the fishfinder i could see they were fussy...and it took close to an hour to get one to commit!

I moved off in search of more active fish, thinking a less sheltered windswept shore would find the walleye ACTIVELY hunting the baitfish....only to discover my trolling motor did not want to work...or rather did work...just with a mind of its own....suddenly kicking in and out of full power and steering in one direction spontaneously without my command...very peeved is a polite way of describing my thoughts on that matter.

Anyway, i decided since i was not gonna fight the wind without the trolling motor i'd anchor up somewhere. I decided to try deep, i thought the fish should be in their summer haunts by now. After a flurry of action from a school of sauger...baby ones...the bigger fish showed up, even got some that were suspended at 10'FOW over 30'FOW and put some average fish in the boat...best being 25".

TODAY'S VIDEO

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-VkLxGtPxV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SOME PICS FROM TODAY

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Dan.

Awesome. I have dreams about that lake.

I have dreams about...ok...i wont go there!

great video

I love watching them come up and bite it on the fishfinder

I do that in the winter, never seem to have calm enough water in the summer to do it

I use an anchor so i can do that even when its quite rough......its just finding the fish first....cuz hand bombing a 30lb anchor is no fun...and i dont wanna have to do it too many times in one day....lol

awesome report! one of the best lakes in the world is what i keep hearing

Cheers!

They are telling the truth!

Fantastic!! :thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Those are some mighty fine pickerel Simon. Sorry to hear your trolling motor was giving you a hard time.

Seemed to work to your advantage no? :D:clapping:

The irony of my trolling motor situation was not lost on me.....definitely worked in my favour.. in the short term anyway.

nice eyes and sauger awesome video congrats simon

Thanks Corvy!

Awesome video Simon. How long a drive is it to Lac Suel from Dryden? Gotta take 2 hrs anyway right?

If i want to arrive and get home with everything (including my nerves) intact....1 and 1/2 hours door to lake. If i'm risking blown tires/ leaky rivets/ and replacing trailer lights....just over an hour.

The road up there yesterday was pretty bad...the start of the year was ok...but i dont think they are hauling out of there this year so no upkeep on the road.