FISH-A-THON FOR A CURE!

Hey Ryan.

You know I can't make it but, you got gear from CN?!?! If I read that right your pic and info is wrong and you only have 1 x 7' MH baitcaster rods. Right, right? :rolleyes::whistling:

You wish Geoff! haha

As I am having tranny trouble with my tow vehicle, I am requesting a pull out in advance. Highway pulling seems to be fine, but the van cannot get out of a ramp. :wallbash:

Apparently it is around $2500 to get it rebuilt. I am hoping that the drivetrain warrentee will cover that repair.

If you can't make it we'll fair out ok but will miss you dude - If you decide to come last minute I will be glad to launch your boat for you, or let you use my truck to launch!

Perfect for DC!!

Yepp - anything from a canoe to a 21 foot bass boat can launch in there... NO GAS MOTORS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED THOUGH... just a reminder for the rest of the gang..

Yeah, the launch and dock could be interesting. There are a couple other "mini-docks" along the shore that we can hopefully use if need be?

We'll figure it out - always do! :thumbsup_anim:

Huge thanks to Legend Boats for all the swag! :thumbsup_anim:

270317_10150727983325105_746020104_19676160_2506862_n.jpg

and if you see my Legend with an OFC flag pull up to grab a few of these

269112_10150727987250105_746020104_19676198_5056468_n.jpg

THANKS TO LEGEND BOATS! What an awesome prize pack!

I am going early and will take my boat over to the front docks there's a big area between the docks that is all sand & clay that we can beach a bunch of boats because there isn't enough room at the launch for us all to hang around and I think it would be a good spot to get a pic of this great bunch of people.

I'll be there early to as will Dan so we'll find some place to put the boats while we launch... we talked about doing a group photo in the evening instead so we might be able to treat it like a regular tournament if we want... if the launch area get's to jammed up people can just hop in their boats and float around the launch chatting until go-time.... but we'll see how many actual boats show up and figure it out... it'll all be good!

81 participants...this is AWESOME!!!!!

Yepp - fantastic - thank you to everybody involved!

Great idea, Shawn! Not sure what time we are "rolling" in yet...see when I can "kick" the youngsters out of bed :lol: They're getting to that age where they want to always stay up late and sleep half the day!

Shooting for early if possible.

Kick 'em in the butt Frank! Tell them if they want to win a cool prize they'll want to get there early! :whistling:

Great thing your doing here Ryan :thumbsup_anim:

I'd like to donate $100 towards the cure but my old eyes can't find the address to send it to although I'm sure it's in this post somewhere. :blush:

Thank you so much Lew! It's a group effort so the thank you's certainly shouldn't all be thrown my way, there's myself, Dan, Shawn and everybody else here on OFC but there's also all kinds of other people behind the scenes! Your pledge is a HUGE help, and we can't thank you enough!!! JohnF used to make an anonymous $100.00 pledge, to help kick things off... this early pledge reminds me of John, and sort of makes me feel like that void has been filled...

Thank you so much! I'll fire you my address VIA PM.

I'll be there early to as will Dan so we'll find some place to put the boats while we launch... we talked about doing a group photo in the evening instead so we might be able to treat it like a regular tournament if we want... if the launch area get's to jammed up people can just hop in their boats and float around the launch chatting until go-time.... but we'll see how many actual boats show up and figure it out... it'll all be good!

Yepp - fantastic - thank you to everybody involved!

Kick 'em in the butt Frank! Tell them if they want to win a cool prize they'll want to get there early! :whistling:

LOL!!! Speaking of which...are we setting up that prize for all the kids that we talked about? Say, biggest fish for anyone under 16???

Awesome thanks Frank and Juli!!!!!

We're pretty well all set for Saturday, just have some last minute stuff to take care of tomorrow! Laurie from Dixie tackle in St. Thomas has donated a bunch more of awesome stuff for the kids so make sure to bring them out, and my parents have made some trophies and a bunch of other things for them to. Don't forget we have some awesome prizes for the adults as well! This is going to be a huge year for us and were all excited to see everybody out! I just hope I can shake this Strep Throat! I'll post a few more pics by morning! Thanks again to everybody! OFC and the fishing community in general has been very supportive and we can't express enough just how thankful we are for everyone involved in helping with the fight to beat this terrible disease!

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Getting all rev'd up today in anticipation of what is sure to be a great day tomorrow. My partner and I are up around the 800 buck mark in pledges!! Can't wait to meet you all tomorrow, hope the rain holds off for us. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll see you all on the water bright and early in the a.m.!!!!

Getting all rev'd up today in anticipation of what is sure to be a great day tomorrow. My partner and I are up around the 800 buck mark in pledges!! Can't wait to meet you all tomorrow, hope the rain holds off for us. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll see you all on the water bright and early in the a.m.!!!!

:clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Nice job on the pledges!!!!!!

This prize is special to me as it's a CUSTOM HAND MADE Fish-A-Thon for a Cure rod built by OFC's very own Spiel! I picked it up from him on wednesday night and have been excited to post some pics of it since I got back! Thank you so much Spiel - this is an awesome prize and we can't thank you enough!

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

Less than 24 hours folks! CAN'T WAIT! (still feeling a little rough, but I should be good by tomorrow morning)

Dang that's a awesome amount for pledges I only had Dad give us a pledge it is hard down here to get help for just about anything with the workforce right now.