What Nerve!!!! (NF)

Joey

here's another angle for ya; go to the closest Native reserve & buy some small firecrackers; get a beer & open all doors to the garage except the ones going into the house, then light off a firecracker & through it in the garage... (somewhere safe like in the middle of the floor with no flamables around). A couple minutes later do it & again & repeat the process for aboutt 5 times... then wait, the raccons will walk out the door. I have done this twice & the last time my neighbor that gave me the firecrackers ended up with the coons in his garage & he wasnt impressed but he did the same thing & got rid of them.

Johnny

On the twit for tat thing...the list of things to do is pretty easy to make and endless, and no doubt the landlord will also have some ideas in reply as well, claiming there is insufficient notice, hidden damages claims etc., my 2 cents is avoid temptation and just be hard to get a hold of but do give them the key and walk away at the end hopefully without any need for dealing with them again. Starting a fight at the end of the the term just opens the door for having to continue to deal with them down the road.

Well joey you sure have some great i deas,and so little time..lol..lol just make sure you feed the racoons when you leave....our landlord is very simular,and he sure doesnt get any respect from us either ....so hold out as long as you can by delaying the process,and at the last minute say you misplaced the key,and start all over again...anyways good-luck with your problem...and just think soon all that will be just a memory,and you will be in your new place and your mind will be free of all that crap from your landlord....cheers :thumbsup_anim:

On the twit for tat thing...the list of things to do is pretty easy to make and endless, and no doubt the landlord will also have some ideas in reply as well, claiming there is insufficient notice, hidden damages claims etc., my 2 cents is avoid temptation and just be hard to get a hold of but do give them the key and walk away at the end hopefully without any need for dealing with them again. Starting a fight at the end of the the term just opens the door for having to continue to deal with them down the road.

Kirk, we have been model tentants and have never missed our rent in 7 years. Then out of the blue last month I got a registered letter. It was a Notice of Termination of Tenancy from them. Their reason - Their son was moving in. They gave me to the end of my lease (July 31), but asked if we could move out sooner as their son wanted to move in and had to be out of the place he is in by May 1. So I looked and found a place and am moving to accomodate them. So I don't think they could possibly have anything to take me to court over.

Joey

I know Joey, but you wouldn't believe what people can dream up if they have an axe to grind and don't care about lying.

If you are leaving early you should negotiate them paying you for the inconvenience of early termination...if you are in agreement about leaving early, get it all in writing re terminating the lease early etc., otherwise they might claim you left early and still owe rent to July 1 (seen that trick before).

Edited by Kirk

Give them the keys, keep your mouth shut, and get the ell out.

The last thing you want to do is draw any attention. If coons have been in there as long as you say the house should likely be torn down and if some health authorities show up they just might make them do it. At the least all the insulation should be replaced and the cost will be in the $k's and you don't want anybody looking at you for $ so get out as fast as you can.

Hmmmmm, very sound advice guys. I guess I'll talk to them when they call next time. The landlord showed up at noon today when I take my lunch but I didn't answer the door. He snooped around and I know for a fact the thinks the whole 24 hour notice thing does not pertain to him. He had an argument with the people who live in the basement about it one time and laughed at them when they told him he had to give notice. And the tentants before them, he entered their premises before they were moved out and looked around. Best to get as far away and as fast as possible from this guy.

Thanks everyone.

Joey

As angry as you are at your landlord, my advice would be to turn the other cheek and concentrate on happily moving into your new place. Your landlord will get his just desserts as time goes on. I can't believe some people are suggesting seeking revenge or breaking the law, you're just lowering yourself to your landlords level if you follow that advice. Just my opinion for what it's worth.