Whats your favourite kind of braid? *

BFSC Kevin

Fishing line  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite kind of braid?

• Stren superbraid.
    • Berkly Fireline
    • PowerPro
    • Spiderwire Stealth
    • What? Braid?? MONO all the way!
    • Others

I picked PP, but different braids can be better at times. The spider-wire cuts through weeds better, and the Cortland super line is a lot thicker and almost floats like fly line, it's good for top waters or any time you want a high presentation.

Haven't herd of the sinking stren, but if it works it would be good at times for sure.

I really like my Berkley trilene mono but do use Power Pro for conditions where braid is needed/necessary. I have been having a lot of trouble hooking up while drifting for Walleye near the water treatment plant in Point Edward. I was told to stop using the mono and change to a bait caster with braided line and a stiffer rod and you'll soon be catching fish. Gave it a try and it works as you feel the light hit and can set the hook immediately without any stretch. It may look and sound like overkill but it was great advice.

Edited by Garyv

My son and I have used power pro for the last 15 years with good results . I just purchased some of the newer Sufix braid and from what I seen so far it may be even better then the Power Pro. It cast farther and it is rounder and doesn't dig in on the spool as much as other braids.

Tight Lines

Hank Jr