Eddie North's Attawapiskat Adventures- Virtual Fly -in

Bassive

Here it is buds!! What you've been waiting for

My tackle selection for next week's trip to Eddie's. My spinners, spoons, raps, and jigs. I've also got lots of trailers/plastics in all the fav colours..white, black, chartreuse, and yellow.

What do you think??

(the Coke can is for ref purposes, it's not a lure...yet) :Gonefishing:

(Excuse the blur on the left side of the pics...my iphone camera is on not working so well)

Here it is buds!! What you've been waiting for

My tackle selection for next week's trip to Eddie's. My spinners, spoons, raps, and jigs. I've also got lots of trailers/plastics in all the fav colours..white, black, chartreuse, and yellow.

What do you think??

(the Coke can is for ref purposes, it's not a lure...yet) :Gonefishing:

(Excuse the blur on the left side of the pics...my iphone camera is on not working so well)

I don't see any silver or gold Johnsons Silver Minnows in there. :unsure:

Do not go up there without at least 1/2 a dozen in 3/4 oz and 1 1/4 oz sizes.

Along with 4-5 inch twister tails or split double tails in white.

Just sayin' :whistling:

I don't see any silver or gold Johnsons Silver Minnows in there. :unsure:

Do not go up there without at least 1/2 a dozen in 3/4 oz and 1 1/4 oz sizes.

Along with 4-5 inch twister tails or split double tails in white.

Just sayin' :whistling:

Hey D!

I've got 2, they're on the second pic. 1 1/4 oz gold and silver. I'll look into a few more.thanks!

Edited by Bassive

Geez. We're talking about pike here guys. I've caught a bunch of them with my line not even in the water hanging over the side of the boat, having shore lunch. Bring an old boot, put some hooks on it and you'll be fine. Id like to see some tips on how not to catch them in this thread.

Geez. We're talking about pike here guys. I've caught a bunch of them with my line not even in the water hanging over the side of the boat, having shore lunch. Bring an old boot, put some hooks on it and you'll be fine. Id like to see some tips on how not to catch them in this thread.

There's a whole world of difference between small pike which I have no interest whatsoever in catching, and larger fish 40" and up.

They're not all that common, and are a true apex predator and trophy. Especially anything 45" and larger.

Rob you sure can talk buddy. :lol:

Nice chatting with you and all the best on your trip!

There's a whole world of difference between small pike which I have no interest whatsoever in catching, and larger fish 40" and up.

Ive caught my share of 40"+ pike over the years, by accident. Nobody that I know that lives up here targets pike simply because they are everywhere and are considered a nuisance fish. Once in a while we even take a photo or two just for fun.

aug06nip2.jpg

Thats too funny A friend of mine is an avid bassman and when we go fishing if he hooks into a big blue Catfish he cusses and tries his best to shake them off instead of enjoying the fight with a 20 lb or better fish. When I fish with other on the big boat we taylor the day to fish for those big beautiful fish.

Art

They're not all that common, and are a true apex predator and trophy. Especially anything 45" and larger.

Rob you sure can talk buddy. :lol:

Nice chatting with you and all the best on your trip!

HA..Yes I've been known to yap. :blahblah1:

Thanks again Solo, your avalanche of advice and tips will serve me well.

I agree with your comment, BIG pike are a different game. Small ones will hit anything I've found. :good:

Some bigfish lures , big husky jerks, big muskie bucks, super shad raps, sebile magic swimmer, giant spinnerbaits and an extra pair of pliers and bandaids!!!

Don't forget 1/4 oz. deer hair jigs on that list. That's what works for me. They really like them in any color that you can think of. So bring lots of those.

Here we are !! Day 1

Got here safe, sound and ready to fish!

Got out on the water just after noon for abit :Gonefishing:

Wow, was the water level low. As the Beteau is part of a river system, it's highly prone to fluctuations. Lack of recent rain has lower it a fair bit. We had to reevaluate our game plan on the fly.

Yakpiker and I were fishing together for big pike and we found a decent spot. The wind was stiff which made it challenging, however we decided to keep working it by drifting over with Johnson Silver Minnow (Gold). It worked quite well.

The hour produced several big hits. I landed one that was about 37 and another that was 35. They were FAT and hit like freight trains. Yak did well too, a 30 and 26.

I had one hit so hard it snapped my 20LB PowerPro like it was 4lb mono. I did see it and it was in the 40s. We're going to try to him and my lure/leader tomorrow. :dunno:

In all the haste i forgot my camera but will post some pics tomorrow.

Having had not more then 9 hours of sleep sleep in the past 3 days, I'm feeling dead tired to say the least. :sleeping_02: I'll get some rest and post a more robust tomorrow.

ciao all and see ya soon.

Bassive!!

Edited by Bassive

quck post... The sun and heat got the best of me today. :stretcher: (just kidding, just abit dehydrated. DRINK WATER BOYS!!! I caught a 27 then packed it in. Yakpiker is the man..Took care of me and caught a nice one today. 42! A bigger is out there waiting for us tomorrow.

I'm feeling much better.

Ciao

And we're back!!!

Day 2.

I was still not 100% back to normal so I took it easy in the morning and YakPiker did well. A few in the high 30s. He's got determination. The conditions were about to change...

As the after noon began, the weather turned stormy, we took cover for abit and sat out the light show...after that the rain turn on and we packed it up for the day.

The other folks here did well too.

Day 3

It was a good day...

Two 34s, a 35 and a 38 and a 40....

As the bandwidth is limited using a satellite connection I'll have to post pics after i get back.

Stay tuned.. more to come.

Bassive,