G-Bay this Morning

NAW

I have a nasty head cold, so I told my fishing partner if it was raining, not to come this morning.

Woke up at 4:30, no rain. Great. Pack the boat, get it hitched to the car. Then the rain starts.

Ah well, that's why they invented Tylinol right.

We're in the water for 5:30, and fishing by 6.

My fishing partner was on fire today. By 10 he boated 2 pickerel, 1 SMB, 1 Pike, and a dozen smaller guys. I think we might have caught a white bass? See below, and let me know what you think..

WhiteBass.jpg

Me on the other hand, I was the guide for the day, and between that, my head cold, and the wind and rain, all I managed was a stupid little goby..

Goby.jpg

Here's my fishing partners catches.. The bass and pike lived to swim another day. The pickerel are for dinner tonight. And the gobies.. Well, they didn't fair so well.

Walleye.jpg

Pike.jpg

2.jpg

All the fish where caught in 10' of water, trolling a pickerel rig a 2km/hr.

Now I'm going to curl up under some blankets on the couch with a bottle of Vodka, and a box of Tylinol Cold and watch Hookin up with Mariko on ROD...

Edited by N.A.W

Great report......looks like your bud had a good time and you had time to relax. :D

The easy way to tell a white bass from a white perch is to pull on the spiny dorsal fin. If the soft dorsal follows, then you have a perch, if not, it's a bass. Also, the white bass has 6-to 10 horizontal black lines on its sides.

hey I know that spot

good on your buddy get them

what is a pickerel rig

I use worm harnesses myself

I think everyone knows that spot, they just don't know it..

What ever you want call this thing..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330524241293+&clk_rvr_id=243622666752

Great report......looks like your bud had a good time and you had time to relax. :D

The easy way to tell a white bass from a white perch is to pull on the spiny dorsal fin. If the soft dorsal follows, then you have a perch, if not, it's a bass. Also, the white bass has 6-to 10 horizontal black lines on its sides.

I guess it was a white perch, cuz I didn't see any black lines down the side. Pure silver.

Looks familiar......... Good job on the pickeral. They'll be scattering to deeper water soon, I figure I have another week or two up in HH before it becomes real work trying to find them.

Last weekend will be the last time I go that that spot this season, for pickerel anyways.

I have a few new spots I'm excited to try in the next few weeks.