Joey & Tybo's Lakair 2011

Joey

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate the kind words about my photos, our safe arrival home and arm healing.

Today it was not looking or feeling too good so I've gone back to bandaging it up again in hopes infection has not set in underneath.

I'll stay on top of it and if in doubt, will be heading to the docs for his opinion.

On another note, I've decided to take a photo taking course. Although some of the photos seem great, I really think I'm missing many more opportunities to take better pictures by not fully understanding how my camera works. It is my first DSLR and I mostly only use it in auto mode. Those eagle shots were a real disappointment for me as they were too dark and out of focus. I'm hoping I can learn all about taking shots in different types of weather conditions and circumstances.

So we'll see how that works and I'll hopefully be taking more crisp and clear pictures in the future :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again,

Joey

Awesome report J!... dang I really missed not being there this year... Next year, hell nor high water will keep me away.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together hun, Hope you heal up soon.

G

Edited by Gerritt

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate the kind words about my photos, our safe arrival home and arm healing.

Today it was not looking or feeling too good so I've gone back to bandaging it up again in hopes infection has not set in underneath.

I'll stay on top of it and if in doubt, will be heading to the docs for his opinion.

On another note, I've decided to take a photo taking course. Although some of the photos seem great, I really think I'm missing many more opportunities to take better pictures by not fully understanding how my camera works. It is my first DSLR and I mostly only use it in auto mode. Those eagle shots were a real disappointment for me as they were too dark and out of focus. I'm hoping I can learn all about taking shots in different types of weather conditions and circumstances.

So we'll see how that works and I'll hopefully be taking more crisp and clear pictures in the future :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again,

Joey

I LOVE the pictures of Newt! I think you did a great job!!

Edited by Jewelbee

Hi Joey - great report and very nice pics. (I can do without the spider shots though)

In regards to taking photo lessons....I think if you pull a Brandon you'll do fine. He wanted to capture a Grizzly, and so he went to them. I just don't know how you'll pull off getting up to the Eagle's nest. :w00t: Although something tells me that you will find a way. ;)

Well done.

JoAnne, I gotta tell you what you already know: you made some excellent captures there. Depth of field, focus, composition. You most definitely have talent, congrats for recognizing that in yourself and pushing that forward by taking some formal instruction. Best of luck.

This was the first Lakair trip I missed since the very first Crayola International Invitational Fish Tournament. I've hit every one since then, but this trip busted my record. Thanks to you, joey, I felt like I was there with the crew. Thanks very large, dere.

Wow Joey, this is a great report. I always look forward to viewing your amazing photos and reading your Lakeair reports! You have such a great eye for the camera and great skills. Too bad about the lack of lighting, those eagle shots would have been National Geographic material, and a bunch of others.

Sounds like a great time by all, except for your mishap, OUCH! Glad to hear the trip to the local hospital went well and quick and you enjoyed the rest of your time up there.