Setting The Record Straight !!

skeeter

When I first heard of the dogs getting sick up at lakair, it was upsetting.

Then I heard that some one did it intentionally, and I couldn't believe it.

But when I heard that I and my family were the one's getting accused of intentionally poisoning them I was livid and pissed off.

We have never, and would never hurt any animals.

The dog treats that we gave the dogs were store bought.

We don't have a dog but we buy them for other people's dog's because we love dogs.

So lets get down to the facts.

Marvin was given treats on Friday and Saturday with Lew's permission.

Marvin didnt get sick until Sunday.

All the other dogs were given treats on Saturday.

On Sunday some of the dogs were sick and some were not.

Brook was given treats on Saturday with Spiel's permission but Brook did not get sick.

Sam did not get sick either,(Chris K's dog).

If the treats were bad then ALL the dogs would have been sick, and Marvin would have been sick on Friday night or Saturday.

So instead of jumping to conclusions, pointing fingers and giving a family a bad rap, lets try looking at the whole picture.

The water in the lake would be a good place to start.

I would think that drinking the lake water and playing in it might have had some thing to do with it.

For those of you that don't know, here's a couple pictures of the water conditions.

lakairscum2.jpg

At the launch ramp

lakairscum.jpg

Next year there wont be any treats, and we will not be there!!

I think the person that locked it "substantiated" it and I'll leave it at that. If Skeeter wants to protect his kid I can't blame him for that, it's what parents do and I don't have an issue with that. You go ahead and go to Lakair next year Dann... I'll stay away and let everyone look after their own dogs!

Marvin was given treats on Friday and Saturday with Lew's permission.

Absolutely NO problems here Dann and the reason I said right up front that your treats were given with my permission. Marvin eats those anyways, infact we bought him a bag of them yesterday.

We're just putting Marvins illness down to bad luck with either too much sun or possibly injesting too much pollen in the water that all the dogs were all drinking.

Sure hope you and Kelly re-consider nexy years g2g though Dann, as you guys always add alot to the week.