Place to camp and rent a boat

chuckymcd

Fins,

You are less than 2 hours from the Massasauga PP and you can rent a boat the Woods Bay Marina right around the corner from the park.

What about Balsam Provincial Park. They don't have rentals in the park, but Coboconk has rentals I believe.

What about Sibbald Point on Simcoe, do they have boat launches?

And I can't remember exactly, but I think Bon Echo PP has rentals.

Good luck

Edited by goteeboy

Hey guys and gals,

I have done a bit of searching but cant seem to find any good camp grounds that are nice and have boat rentals.

If you guys have any recomendations it would be great.

Thanks guys

Fins

It would be right at the 3 hours from the GTA maybe a bit further but I would suggest Restoule Provincial Park.The park has great sites ,some right on the lake,does not have the crowds of some of the other parks closer to GTA. The fishing is great for walleye,bass,musky,pike and lakers.The are several back lakes that are accessible and offer great fishing. The are 4-5 camps and marinas that rent out boats and canoes.The park and some of the lakes are surrounded by crown land,very secluded areas unless you don't mind the hussle and crowds of the more popular parks.

I believe Bon Echo only has canoe and kayak rentals. But look around Bewdley on Rice Lake there is a campground around there and also lots of boat rentals I used to rent a boat and fish there often when I lived in peterborough. Theres great fishing in Rice Lake and it only a bit over a hour away. PM if you have any questions.

Edited by Live2fish85

Drive an extra 45 minutes... rent a boat from Temagami Marine and camp on some of the hundred or more FREE campsites set up and waiting for you on Crown Land surrounding the lake.

If your willing to do the drive this of coarse is a spectacular Idea. Kokoko is one of my absolute favorite places to camp and you can drag a small boat into it with hardly any work.

X2 for French river. Great sites.

Also. 6-mile Lake PP, you can rent boats from the Marina around the corner.

I have stayed at Balsam lake before, and when I was there, they did have rental boats. 14' with a 15hp (that ran like crap). Not sure if they still have them available though, this was about 6 years ago.