Mari-bouya

Rod Caster

What a beautiful day today! Low winds, high sun and no work.

I mapped out a new lake just 30 minutes north of town that Fish-Online indicated it held walleye--- they aren't always correct, but I figured they were right this time since this very small lake is attached to bigger lake known to contain walleye. I ate a balogna and hot sauce sandwich at the launch, starred down this 70 hectare lake and launched the canoe at 3:30.

Paddled and drifted for about an hour when I got my first bite!

IMG00055-20110614-1705.jpg

She was 57cms long, 3 shy of the 60cms slot limit. ... don't go by the tape reading in the photo hahaha

IMG00054-20110614-17041.jpg

I paddled nearly the whole shoreling, dragging and popping white maribou jigs tipped with minnows off the bottom, in 8-14 feet of stained water.

IMG00057-20110614-1730.jpg

IMG00058-20110614-1733.jpg

At one point the bottom livened up and my 3/8 oz jig was bouncing on rocks; as soon as I felt the rocks a big perch smashed my jig. ...new perch PB!!! 14 inches and full of crayfish.

I kinda screwed up by taking a measurment shot and not displaying my TEAM 8 OFC Tourny Logo..wallbash.gif Minutes later I cleaned them and go 4 walleye sized filets. Sorry Team 8, but I am NOT going down the garbage shoot to recover the carcass.

100_95931.jpg

100_0013.jpg

Well, that was my day. Tomorrow is Vac day #2 and my GF is joining! Can't wait.

At one point the bottom livened up and my 3/8 oz jig was bouncing on rocks; as soon as I felt the rocks a big perch smashed my jig. ...new perch PB!!! 14 inches and full of crayfish.

I kinda screwed up by taking a measurment shot and not displaying my TEAM 8 OFC Tourny Logo..wallbash.gif Minutes later I cleaned them and go 4 walleye sized filets. Sorry Team 8, but I am NOT going down the garbage shoot to recover the carcass.

Well then. We'll just have to see what Captain Geoff has to say about that.whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Slayer

I'm just preparing for todays outing. It's nice to sleep in somedays.

If anyone is wondering, this is what my sandwich looks like. PM me if you'd like the recipe.

100_0014.jpg

Hey man at least it's not on Wonderbread and you've got some nice looking cheese there too. Two thumbs up! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by solopaddler

Beauty !!!!!!!!!!!!clapping.gif Looks like a peaceful place to spend the day.I am a constantly forgetting to get pics too. I mean really !!! Who thinks about a camera in the heat of a battledry.gifrofl2.gif

Congrats on the monster perch too !!!

Nice going. I believe I've fished that lake. Start with an S? :whistling:

Yes it does. I fished another small lake further north today and only got a few pike. Beautiful weather made it all worth the effort!

Solo: only premium ingredients for this paddler hehe

Manitou; I didn't notice any blue, probably just the pic. That would have been neat though.

Mike01: franks indeed..xtra hot!

Slayer: don't worry; I don't think anybody has lost the OFC tourney because of just a few inches... Right? Hehe uh oh