What would you use?

Lunatic

On saturday a friend and i tried our luck for some pike,ended up catching OOS bass and had a small pike strike my bait twice close to the boat before taking off.

im thinking of going to binbrook conservation to try our luck there.

question is what 2 baits would you use to get a pike out of there? i bring 2 rods usually so i dont have to change baits as often (im lazy)

ive got a few husky jerks i think i might use, got them in perch,and firetiger and a few more i cant think of right now. tried spinner baits and stick worms last saturday.

For me it would be a topwater: Zara or a big jitter bug.

And a 5inch soft-bodied swimbait on a half oz jighead to follow-up.

The topwater isn't used if the water is more than 10ft deep and really doesn't put the most fish in the boat, but it sure is fun. :w00t:

I use a "big" x-rap (I think it's a 6inch saltwater version) if the topwaters are not drawing strikes/hook-ups.

Caught them Saturday with x-raps & livetarget smelt also had a hit on a spoon. Spinnerbaits are never a bad choice neither are Husky Jerks. If you use smaller jerk style baits, you may get some bass instead so just be aware of what's there. Also, Daredevil weedless spoons are excellent for launching across the lake. When they skip on the water with a sidearm throw, it often triggers a reaction strike if there's one sitting there.

I usually catch them on Big-O crank baits mostly with the silver one with black stripe on the back. But I cought my biggest pike this Thursday using a tube.

That day I tried allot of baits and that was the only one they stalked. I could see it coming up to shore in 1 foot of water. Was a good fight and now I'm hooked on pike, they are just so fun and mean looking.

Edited by umKthxbye

I usually catch them on Big-O crank baits mostly with the silver one with black stripe on the back. But I cought my biggest pike this Thursday using a tube that you can see in the picture.

That day I tried allot of baits and that was the only one they stalked. I could see it coming up to shore in 1 foot of water. Was a good fight and now I'm hooked on pike, they are just so fun and mean looking.

That's a musky not a pike.... nice one tho!!!

Edited by Leechman

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

like leechman, my primary bait for seeking out pike has been a white spinnerbait. i can't say the success will translate on every body of water, but on my home pike lake it's awesome. you also can never go wrong with a large daredevil, the older and more beat up the better.

Umkthxbye, you might want to remove your post unless you want MNR on your back. I know you're new to this and all but you're going to have to learn to ID your fish. Muskies are a fragile species. They're also very expensive to catch out of season.

Umkthxbye, you might want to remove your post unless you want MNR on your back. I know you're new to this and all but you're going to have to learn to ID your fish. Muskies are a fragile species. They're also very expensive to catch out of season.

Done. Yeah I just got an app on my iPhone "Find-a-fish". I can see the difference now. Yeah I would have released it allot faster had I known. But now I know so it won't be happening again. Thanks.

Lots of good input here. and i have most of the lures mentioned. i'll try to get my husky jerks and x-raps in the water as much as possible.and i do have some red devils,one from the early 80's too lol

if i remember,the water there is pretty mucky so bright colours might be best.