Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti, Samsqansh, anyone else intrigued?

Harrison

Since a youngster I have been intrigued with the thought of the beast actually roaming our wilderness.

However as I get older, I find it much harder to believe that there is no actually physical evidence. I watched a show on this topic last night and it got me thinking again. The eye witness accounts makes one wonder.

Are you a believer or not?

Edited by Harrison

Yeah, that stuff intriqued me for the first 3 years of my life, then I learned to read. Eyewitnesses you say?Hmmm, must be true then. Maybe I'd better take another look. :)

edit: Don't get too serious with this stuff, Phil. Fox news will pick it up.

A bucktoothed sucker. Call him "Digger".

Hmmmmm....

Closest I have come to an eyewitness account personally was very late one night in the middle of the bush. Turns out it was just my buddie Vinny with his shirt off looking for a spot to tinkle. Scared the Molson outta me.

In Bigfoot and his buddies, No.

In Nessie (loch ness monster) or the like thereof, Yes.

There are still parts of the ocean unexplored or not frequented by human beings, who knows what lies in deep cold lakes, and oceans.

Heck there is a blob of chemicals in Lake Ontario, so why not a prehistoric remnant like the coeclananth (spelling), sturgeon or gar ?

I am intruiged more by the phenomena surrounding the sightings than the thought of a bipedal primate living undetected in North America. If you spend enough time in the bush, you are apt to see and hear some very odd things. What are people seeing or think they are seeing? Is the idea of sasquatch a part of human mythology across many cultures? The monster lurking in the shadows or night?

I am curious about the way if there is a report of someone seeing one, how a number of others see it in fairly short order. Not too different than the problem bear reporting in Ontario, sure there are more bears in the woods, but does this increase in population corrleate to the increase in reported incidents, or is the increase in reporting due to the spotlight being placed on the issue...

Few things are more entertaining than reading eye witness reports (ie. "....me a Cooter was out drinkin' and shinin' deers when we seen...")

That said, a couple of buddies have some stories that are very difficult to explain the occurances.

I'm interested in hearing more thoughts/stories on this.

I think I watched part of the same program, didnt see the last 1/2 hour. I have always been intrigued by this and other unexplained phenomena. I'm not sure I am a believer but I don't write it off completely. Good point about the oceans earlier. There are vast expanses of un/under explored wilderness as well, in this country and elsewhere. I once read a statisic on the thousands of planes that are missing and unaccounted for in the north american wilderness and it gets you thinking. People say, if they do exist, how come we have never even found one dead. Ok, fair enough. There are lots of bears in the bush, lots more than perhaps Sasquatch, have anyone of us ever come accross a dead bear??? I know I haven't, nor has anyone I know.

Could a large primate still exist in the wild of north america undiscovered? I think there is a possibilty, but its a small one and keeps getting smaller by the day with human encroachment, our wild spaces shrinking slowly and without definitive proof yet. As technology gets better, you would think it would be harder and harder for a creature like that to hide.

That said, many of the stories are compelling and pique my interest. What is really interesting to me is that the story/legend has existed for so long, in aboriginal culture here and other cultures around the world. Is there really something going on or is it a common thread in our human DNA to explain some unidentifiable wild creature as a sasquatch, yeti, whatever...

Here is a question, if you ran accross one hunting, would you kill it in order to prove its existence or would you let be? Would you tell anyone and possibly be labelled a quck or would you keep it a secret?

Here is a question, if you ran accross one hunting, would you kill it in order to prove its existence or would you let be? Would you tell anyone and possibly be labelled a quck or would you keep it a secret?

I'd wack it but with my luck they'd be filming an episode of candid camera.

I found it interesting the two witness accounts that happened with in a kilometer of each other and a hour or so between them.

Edited by Harrison

I'm a believer...got plenty of ghost stories and weird experiences that I can't explain. Just keep in mind the majority of the canadian wilderness is rarely explored or inhabited by humans so there's a possibility something is there...or maybe there were too many crops burnt in bc during the last forest fires so everyone out there are seeing weird stuff and craving cheetoes lol

I don't get where anyone can say there cannot be one in North America? Why, because it is now all developed roads and cities? If it is so easy to find things out west how could the story in the link below have happened? It took seven weeks to find her and they knew they were travellig from their home to Vegas? OH that's right the search was hampered by the simple fact that there are thousands and thousands of acres of untouched wilderness from Alaska to Mexico along the mountain ranges...

The thing I found interesting from the bit of the show I caught was that there was a man sized ape that they recently discovered in the Congo. "New" to science but the woman credited with the discovery and 5 other homonoids I believe, said that the tribes who have lived by it had been telling stories about it for hundreds of years.... Which she always considers a sign that it might prove to be true. Tribes having lore about a "creature" sound familiar at all to anyone else?

Do I believe in Bigfoot myself nope but I would like to be corrected LOL. I liked the comment about cougars in the thread too.... Reminded me I was just informed, by a very concerned citizen the week before last, that the MNR is releasing rattle snakes nearby (less than 5 miles from my front door) because they will eat the over abundance of turkey eggs. Can't wait to hear the first offical report of a sighting. I am shocked one of the MNR employees hasn't tweeted about it yet.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/05/07/bc-woman-rescued-nevada-penticton.html