Pike Lures ~ Tricked And Tweaked

solopaddler

Those baits look great! One of my go-to baits are the black Reaper tails too. I'm having trouble finding them lately. Thank god I have a pack and half left. Good luck on catching some giant gators. I'm sure those will get a few.

Nice looking jigs and chatterbaits. I use zonker jigs for everything from trout to musky with good results. These are tied on 7/0 hooks: musky like 'em.

P5180112.jpg

They look great!

Those baits look great! One of my go-to baits are the black Reaper tails too. I'm having trouble finding them lately. Thank god I have a pack and half left. Good luck on catching some giant gators. I'm sure those will get a few.

I bought all my reapers and cobra head jigs at ebait.com

Can't wait for the report Mikey, I'm sure you guys are going to lay an absolute beating on them (especially with the weather they've had up there this week).

Looking forward to the report bud!!

hey mike yesterday we were fishing sparrow...i was using a three jointed silver belly storm lure......jerk jerk pause...nailed 5 of them before the rains came.....8 in top water baits ....might want to consider them..... good luck and all the best!!!

Mine worked really well for early pike a couple weeks back until I flung it into the bay !

Don't you love those casts. For a second you think you made an awesome throw until you realize the line is hanging only two feet from your rod tip. Lost more than a few lures that way.

Can't wait for the report Mikey, I'm sure you guys are going to lay an absolute beating on them (especially with the weather they've had up there this week).

Looking forward to the report bud!!

You should be coming yourself!! :angry:

You will be missed. I'll drink my first real beer since Christmas in your honour. ;)

hey mike yesterday we were fishing sparrow...i was using a three jointed silver belly storm lure......jerk jerk pause...nailed 5 of them before the rains came.....8 in top water baits ....might want to consider them..... good luck and all the best!!!

Never had any luck at all with anything made by Storm. :lol:

Maybe they deserve another look.

There's not much doubt subtle baits will work well.

I'm just going to use a 4 inch Daredevil spoon the entire trip. :good:

:lol:

Doug, we're going to have some fun up there buddy.

Hey Mike,

Those look great. Thanks for sharing.

I add a small piece of chartreuse reflective foil tape to the gold JSM. I find it especially effective in tea-stained waters.

P1010395.jpg

Have you tried glow-in-the-dark grubs as a trailer? Some days that seems to make the difference for me. I really like the strong glow of the Phenixcanada.com brand.

Also, regarding the Reapers, have you tried throwing it weightless on a plain straight-shank worm hook or a EWG. It drops incredibly slow...similar to a slug-o.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mike,

Those look great. Thanks for sharing.

I add a small piece of chartreuse reflective foil tape to the gold JSM. I find it especially effective in tea-stained waters.

P1010395.jpg

Have you tried glow-in-the-dark grubs as a trailer? Some days that seems to make the difference for me. I really like the strong glow of the Phenixcanada.com brand.

Also, regarding the Reapers, have you tried throwing it weightless on a plain straight-shank worm hook or a EWG. It drops incredibly slow...similar to a slug-o.

Cheers,

Mark

Very nice Mark! I do have a variety of prism tape as well.

To run the reapers and grubs virtually weightless I prefer to use large resin jig heads. They weigh almost nothing and I really like the way I can fish them.