Popeil Pocket Fisherman

cwpowell

Hey guys, I found an old Popeil Pocket Fisherman. My plan was to give it to my old man because I always hear him talking about them and blah blah kind of like a childhood memory. Anyway I took it apart to put some new line on it and oh lord! Big mistake! There are so many crazy little parts in this thing to take out just to get at the line. Anyway if anyone can give me some help on how to put it back together that would be great.

I just need to know how the little bail spring thing goes in and which way the little copper 'u' holder thingy goes in!

Thanks in advance! I know someone around here has played with these things!

I have one memory of this thing.

About 3 years ago my and a few buddies went up to his cottage for a few days. The plan was beer, beer and more beer. Didn't even bring any fishing gear (I know, I'm crazy). Anyhow, it was on this beautiful small lake, and me and a friend decided to canoe around the lake, all the sudden I got that urge. So we looked around his shed for something useable, and the Popeil was all there was that worked. So I threw on a a 1/8 oz. jig, dug up a worm, rigged it up and off we went. Dropped the line till it hit bottom, and paddled for about two hours all around the lake. Drank about 6 beers and headed back. No bites. We get close to shore and I reel in, low and behold, I had a fish on. It was a monster weighing in at about 1/3 of a lb. Never even felt it on the ultra sensitive Popeil.

Hope this helps you put it back together :clapping:

Edited by manitoubass2