Zone 17 Walleye Opener this Sat

I'll be on Rice with a jerk bait in one hand and a bucktail for rip jigg'n in the other. With no doubt, my arms and shoulders will be on fire by 3pm, samething every year....fish or no fish! :)

I will be at Rice Lake trying to give away over $69,000 in prizes. :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.ricelakespringfishingfestival.ca/

The panfish bite was hot this past weekend and the walleye seem to be everywhere. This is going to be a very good weekend for fishing Rice Lake.

Harrison bring some pain medicine, those big Rice Lake walleyes will try to rip your arms off if you keep jerking that bait. :stretcher:

Find a weedline in 6-10 feet of water, throw a jig or crankbait and hold on.

Goodricewalleye.jpg

Edited by Michael Brown

So walleye will open in FMZ 17(Kawarthas) at midnght tonight. I would check the regs before going. There were new limits that started last year.

Walleye have to be between 35-50 cm(13.8-19.7in.)to be kept. With a conservation license only one can be kept, 4 can be kept with sport license. That really lessens the amount of fish kept.

Balsam has different regs where fish between 37-55 cm. can't be kept. Only one can be kept with conservation license, 3 can be kept with sport.

Rather confusing but should be followed as CO's are checking.

In years past i would have a run on Pigeon Lake that was decent. Walleye opener always seemed rainy and cool like it is this weekend. Always was a good time anyways. :Gonefishing: