TD INS Company

Guest timeout

Guest gbfisher

Just a heads up for anyone who uses them. They undercut everyone to get customers and now have had to pay out huge liability claims. :oops:

They are putting that on their once loyal customers. :rolleyes:

You may find if you look around that you'll save a bundle. :good:

Guest gbfisher

My rates are great with them.

Ya....that's what I thought too. <_< That's great for you.

I've been with them since they started. I insure two vehicles and my house. As of the 20th of this month, not anymore. ;)

Saved me close to 2g's. Helps pay for other things like the kids Hockey.... :lol:

Guest gbfisher

dang

and someone just told me to get a quote from them because they had great proces

Try calling Grey Rock Ins broker ltd. Ask for Shauna... :D

I think after a few years, it's always worth getting quotes....they reel you in with the low rates at first....then start jackin' them up. Easy enough to start all over again with someone new who wants to add another new customer to the list.

mine went up 20 bucks a month!!!

But aren't they all going up? I don't think my premiums have gone down for years.

However, I can remember an instance back in the late 70's. I had a '65 Plymouth Fury, my insurance dropped to about 89 bucks...for the entire year! The government had detirmined that the car insurance companies had made an excess profit the previous year. That particular time, $89, reflected a rebate, it was though probably only 20 bucks or so taken off that years rates though...those were the days :blink:

Check out www.kanetix.ca. You simply enter all your criteria and you get quotes from different companies. For me I found that the price you actually pay is very close to the quoted amount. Saves you a ton of time too.

I fell victim to TD as well. They increased my insurance by 500$ a year for no reason.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

td meloche monnex saved us huge over state farm, switched 2 years ago, I have a better policy with lower deductibles and this year after being with them for 2 years they dropped the rates even though we have a new car, I couldn't believe it

funny enough td was $900 a year cheaper for our two vehicles then state far, we were hit in TO by a guy a few years back and had no issues with our ins company and td never raised there rates after 5 years now and after paying close to 5000 to fix the suv

I'm with TD on my insurance and we got a great deal. It was actually the cheapest by almost 50 bucks. I was told by a friend who went through them as well. Bummer that you were getting messed around with and glad to hear your saving that much and you got a bit extra now.

Guest gbfisher

Monnex it is,,,,lol....Saved me even more change being a TD affiliated company with no cancelation fee. Better coverage.

It's all good.

Thanks Emill.

Edited by gbfisher

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely shop around for insurance. Keep in mind that there are a lot of variables that will impact the rate you pay. Just because your buddy got a great rate from company x doesn't mean you will, and that doesn't mean that he would get a better rate a company y then you. Part of your rate is made up from the experience that particular company has had in the past with your particular set of parameters.

I remember a few years ago I was switching over my vehicle to a newer one, I was with TD, and they said my rates would be a whopping $400 dollars\month with the newer more reliable vehicle!? That was more than triple what I was paying with the older vehicle. I thought it had to be a mistake, but nope. Needless to say I cancelled and even though I broke the contract, I some how got a $368 cheque from them, hehe, that was the only good part.

But I'll never go with them again.