Cookslav's Most Excellent Algonquin Opener 2011

Cookslav

You've never disappointed ANY year at ANY time you've gone into the Gonk! Another enjoyable read, great pics and especially liked the fact that you were out there in that wind living it in a camp of tents and tarps. Pretty cool campfire story for years to come.

Another great Algonquin opener report. Too bad about the weather overall but glad you made it out safe. I am pretty sure I have canoed the lakes you were at and I can attest that a strong wind just funnels down those lakes making for some scary moments. Of course it was July and hypothermia wasn't a concern.

Its funny though the trips with the crazy weather and adversity are the ones I remember the best and seem to share the most stories from.

Wow! Great write up of a surely memorable trip. Being the first group into Algonquin must have made the trip super special. Even though you weren't able to fish or camp as planned it still was an incredible experience overall. Gotta like using those Panther Martins for brookies. :canadian:

Excellent stuff!

Being the first group into Algonquin must have made the trip super special.

Ya it definitely gave the entire trip a bit more of a wilderness feel knowing we were the first and only people in the park for 2 days.

probobly the first and last time it'll happen for us :)