Channel Cat & Sucker Fishing

Fishmaster

At the grocery store for the channel cats.Just get yourself some chicken livers.Fish it 12" off the bottom and just wait for dinner.At least that works here.Other good baits are cut bait,worms and shrimp.Good eatin!

Joe

im thinking since he owns a bait shop he might be the one person that hears the most reports on the lower grand? would you guys rather have him keep is mouth shut and not give reports so we dont have a clue how the bite is? give the guy a break <_< <_< :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is a good chance i am going to be there this weekend if it does not rain that much.

It would be my first time fishing there so any pointers would be appriciated

I`ve had luck catching big cats on chicken liver and shrimp in red river in winnipeg when i used to live there.

Roy i do carry some good cat baits ...best rig for me is a 2/0 Mustad hook or a 4/0 circle hook with a 2 oz slip sinker 18 " to a 2 way swivle for a weight stoper with a big gob of Worms or Stink Bait ..sit back wait for the rod to load up fish on ..there is lots of good spots to fish for big cats on the Grand River and im allways open to helping out where to fish ..all ya have to do is PM me or stop in ..

Edited by Fishmaster

Cats can be caught in the Grand from All Year Round ..best time is from end of March till Mid July

the summer time shot were caught trolling on Big O's fishing Walleye i have caught some of my biggest Cats Trolling the Lower River .but in the Spring time it's best to dead stick them with Big Dead Stinky Baits ..Worms ,Sucker Meat ,Big Shrimp , Cut Shad ,

098880.jpg

100431.jpg

100429.jpg

095902.jpg

Yes the cats are very good eating but i wouln't eat them over 5lbs ...they also taste awesome smoked ..

Aren't they hard to light ?

Which end do you light?

Sorry...just in a smartdonkey mood this morning