Host A Veteran Fishing Derby Announced

A Canadian Forces Lt. Col. has started a very special fishing derby, which will take place on Lake Ontario on Canada Day. The basic idea is to take a veteran fishing as a simple and genuine way of thanking these fine folks for putting their lives on the line so that we can all live (and fish) in safety and peace.

The first annual Host A Veteran Fishing Derby aims to raise money for injured soldiers and their families through Military Family Support Centres. You can read some details by clicking here, or click here to go to the event website and register.

If you don't live near Lake Ontario, and it's too far to come, then no worries - you can still take a veteran fishing anywhere. There is more info on the website.

I think this is a wonderful idea, and I hope people will support it and make it hugely successful. These folks are true heroes, and we can never thank them enough.

Thanks for posting this Craig.

I am registering to host a couple vets on my boat and my wife is going to volunteer if they need any help on shore that day.

This is an excellent event to support, and I will be sure to mention it to my other fishing buddies to get involved if they can.

Tony :canadian:

A Canadian Forces Lt. Col. has started a very special fishing derby, which will take place on Lake Ontario on Canada Day. The basic idea is to take a veteran fishing as a simple and genuine way of thanking these fine folks for putting their lives on the line so that we can all live (and fish) in safety and peace.

The first annual Host A Veteran Fishing Derby aims to raise money for injured soldiers and their families through Military Family Support Centres. You can read some details by clicking here, or click here to go to the event website and register.

If you don't live near Lake Ontario, and it's too far to come, then no worries - you can still take a veteran fishing anywhere. There is more info on the website.

I think this is a wonderful idea, and I hope people will support it and make it hugely successful. These folks are true heroes, and we can never thank them enough.

Done!

Craig, would you mind if I copied and pasted this on spoonpullers? I just checked the site and am surprised there is no mention there. Let me know.

Regards,

Simon