Finally got my first trout

Live2fish85

Hey guys and gals. I just thought I would let you know I got my first trout today its was a 21 inch 5.5lbs Brown I am on the way home the day was cut short wife got called to work but I will post pics when I get back home thanks for the advice everyone.

Pictures below didn't want to make another Post.

Edited by Live2fish85

073.jpg069.jpg071.jpg077.jpg074.jpg

Here are some pics of the Fish I caught I ended up having to clean it because when I netted him he was going nuts and snapped the treble off the lure regardless I will be having him for dinner. I am not to sure if it's a Brown or what I won't lie I don't know for sure looks kinda like a Atlantic to me as well. But I don't know I know Rainbows and others like steelhead but this one I'm not possitive look to light for a brown. Regardless it's a first whether it is a trout or salmon. It was a great day was there for a half hour and caught just this one. Then the wife got a call to go to work.

Edited by Live2fish85

I will have to research more into it like I said I don't know to much about them it's my first time catching a Trout and have never caught salmon either but I am hooked now I wish I didn't have to keep him but I wasn't going to let him go like that.

Yea I caught him in zone 20 but the size was a bit short. A gentlmen that was down there fishing said it was a brown but I wasn't possitive myself I did check my regs and that but I just checked a site out and learnt how to tell the difference of a Brown to a Salmon.

No I got it ff of the pier there was way to much going on at the pier with all the trees and that they were cutting alot near the creek. But I'm glad it was a brown either way.

The reason you see the creek is because we were parked right by the launch and near the pier you couldn't even park there were a ton of cars that little building there is packed now.

Edited by Live2fish85

some group holds meetings in there, i'm not too sure who but certain days that parking lot is packed. congratz on your first brown. the square tail is generally a good indicator its a brown

It will be crazy parking on Monday, that building, the old pumphouse , is the local polling station :wallbash:

Thanks guys. It was defenitly awesome to catch my first brown let alone trout. After seeing all the post of the trout on here and dying to get back out fishing I thought I would give it a try and now I'm hooked on it just as much as bass if not more lol. They a great fight and such a nice looking fish hopefully I will have more pictures to post soon and hopefully some bigger ones for our team.

Chris