Ice conditions

Headhunter

I just checked the forecast for the weekend and it looks like -10c on Saturday night in Barrie. I would really like to get out Perchin again, just wondering if anyone knows what Cook's looks like now and if you think -10C will help to solidify the Bay for a Sunday fish?

Thanks all,

HH

From Lake Simcoe Message Board:

Posted Today.

"WEll i was out on it yesterday... But not venturing today.. yesterday was jumping Gaps out there and Not worth it anymore... I had a FLoat jacket and ice picks but really ... Why bother for the few more perch.. Take your kids out spend some time with the wife instead.. open water will be here before u know it! "

Hope that helps you decide.

Tony

Thanks for the map FishnSled...doesn't look good at all! I shoulda got out with you last weekend! :wallbash:

Tony, Couch is an option... for now.

Misfish... they really aren't worth it, until they hit the oil/lard and then my other brain, read stomach here, takes over! "Look at me, I'm a pear"!

HH

Edited by Headhunter

I hate to say it Headhunter, but are you out of your !@$#$($ mind to go out on the ice at this time of year? That is like taking a snowmobile out on Simcoe in December. Do you not have a family or loved ones to think about leaving behind? Please wait for the soft water. Don't become someone that I read about in the Newmarket newspaper in the coming weeks.

Thanks for all of your replies! To those who provided specific information, I thank you! To those who commented on my sanity, appreciate the concern, but I'm not stupid, just curious! I'd like to get out this weekend and that's why I asked the question. I won't go if the conditions are bad, you won't see me on the news (unless I win the Lottery?LOL). I was just hoping to get some up to date conditions info, to save me the drive up, just to turn around!

Thanks again all!

FNS... I hear the boat calling you!!!!

HH