Washing Machine problem

fishnsled

I have a Kenmore (seems to be my first problem) 970 C47172-10 front load washer. Been a great machine for the last 4 years but is acting up. The lights are flashing and the machine is beeping when it is not turned on. My understanding is that the beeps are an error code perhaps? It will beep then and short pause followed by another beep. Then it will beep twice and then a short pause followed by another 2 beeps. I've spent the last 3 hours surf the net without too much luck. Might be a control panel, maybe the main board but the machine seems to be working fine. :dunno:

A bit puzzled by this but before I call a guy in for service I thought I'd try here. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems to be an Electrolux made machine from what I've found. I've unplugged the machine to try and reset it but no luck.

Thanks for your input.

A couple of smart :asshat:'s I see :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Oddly enough I remember the old ringer washers, not with the wooden barrel though. Not quite that old. Only concern I remember were the buttons on clothes breaking in the ringers and the pump not working to get the water out. Funny how the simple things just worked.

Holding tight Mercman. Just want to have an idea what I'm dealing with here and cost. And can I fix it myself? Thanks!

ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Webster/134879500.pdf

Amazing what ya can find if you search using specific demands.

This should help alot to determine the problem.I will ask my tech buddy tomorrow.You will pay wholesale for the part, same as all OFC members.I will PM you with prices and availability.You CAN DIY.

Paul

ftp://ftp.electrolux...r/134879500.pdf

Amazing what ya can find if you search using specific demands.

This should help alot to determine the problem.I will ask my tech buddy tomorrow.You will pay wholesale for the part, same as all OFC members.I will PM you with prices and availability.You CAN DIY.

Paul

Now that is what I've been looking for all night! Thanks! :thumbsup_anim: Going to do some investigating.

Dann is the man! :good: So are you Paul. Ran the diagnostic tests and all seems well. :dunno: Ran it through a quick wash and got 4 rapid beeps in a row a few times near the end of the final spin. Went back into the diagnostic tests and just checked the error code and got E41 - Control board thinks the door switch is open.

As I'm typing this up beside the washer it starts beeping at me, 3 rapid beeps. Hit cancel and everything goes out. I start pushing around the dials and the machine lights up without hitting any buttons or dials. It also does it when I touch the top of the panel. Loose connection on the control board or just a bad board? Hopefully that is enough information to help your tech with his assessment.

Thanks again Paul for the links and the great info. :thumbsup_anim:

I was going to post that I heard a large amount of fish slime on clothes can casue these issues, but then I saw who the original poster was. So, this is more an FYI for other anglers out there.

:)

I was going to post that I heard a large amount of fish slime on clothes can casue these issues, but then I saw who the original poster was. So, this is more an FYI for other anglers out there.

:)

:rofl2::whistling:

Dann is the man! good.gif So are you Paul. Ran the diagnostic tests and all seems well. dunno.gif Ran it through a quick wash and got 4 rapid beeps in a row a few times near the end of the final spin. Went back into the diagnostic tests and just checked the error code and got E41 - Control board thinks the door switch is open.

As I'm typing this up beside the washer it starts beeping at me, 3 rapid beeps. Hit cancel and everything goes out. I start pushing around the dials and the machine lights up without hitting any buttons or dials. It also does it when I touch the top of the panel. Loose connection on the control board or just a bad board? Hopefully that is enough information to help your tech with his assessment.

Thanks again Paul for the links and the great info. thumbsup_anim.gif

Seems that your machine is possessed. Try an exorcismwhistling.gif .

Slayer

here is a way to fix it

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/364dzVsBs2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

incase that doesn't (first time trying to add video) here is a link to the vid

http://youtu.be/364dzVsBs2o

Edited by skinny