Sucker Run?

Minnow

Hey Guys

Was wondering if the sucker have started their run up the holland river? I usually fish around the dam near Newmarket. Not really my favourite fish to catch but not much else to do and it is so close to my house thought might as well get out wed or thurs for some early spring sucker. So does anyone know if there will be any fish or is too early? Also was wondering when the channel cat run will start in dunnville?

lol i was just going to post somthing similar. there is a creek by my house that has the suckes running up it in huge numbers but whatever i do i cant hook one, all i get are the creek chubs (great dead bait for witer pike) ive tried bottom fishing, ive tried float fishing. ive used worms, and corn. any idea what im doing wrong??

I wish I had your luck I can catch suckers at the drop of a hat. its uncanny. Icefishing for specks...suckers. Trolling for specks...suckers. Trolling for lakers with a rapala...suckers.

I digress, Ive found suckers start to run heavy a week or so after the bows are up in numbers.

well if you hurry you can be the first sucker their. Sorry just could not resist I havent ever fished for sucker but I don't know their patterns yet. Keep us posted when you get a few "Suckers" in the same place.

Art