Our weekend in review..

ok it's far from back lake fishing but Averie and I took Luke out for his first ever walk in fishing trip Saturday morning.. It's a piece of cake for her as its one of our regular ice out crappie spots but it's a good hike for an almost 2 year old who's never walked in the bush before. He toughed it out like a champ and only needed help for maybe 5 minutes and on the bigger hills.

9a74d131.png

5c5ec772.png

14da21b2.png

The fishing was a complete let down though.... It's a late ice out for us and the water is still way to cold for the fish to be moving into our spots but the kids had a ton of fun and I was just happy to see them smile and to spend some time with them in the outdoors.

I have to give him an a for effort though... Even Averie gave up before he did.... And she's a seasoned little angler.

0bcfe37a.png

c4f5bcc5.png

We hit up a few spots and eventually gave up and had a snack...

2d7b25af.png

31ebaeae.png

Averie decided she wanted to try and climb the steep part of the hill on the way out... Thinking she'd never even come close to making it to the dangerous part I let her try...

d8e6995b.png

Then she proved me wrong and I haven't heard the end of it from Mom and grandma since haha I'm proud of her

6145f12f.png

04e45526.png

061be151.png

On the way out we took some nature shots...

Any idea what this creature was?

a80df905.png

The kid found this and said "look Dad I found a heart in nature" :clapping:

d6241577.png.

Played with the macro...

629ebf73.png

aa51805e.png

3a25207c.png

8adf8ed8.png

32deb177.png

26bf78e1.png

And that was our fishing... No fish but lots of fun.... They'll be in there in a couple weeks and we'll be back.

32f10d1e.png

Spent the rest of my weekend working on a new dog house and kennel for the k9's - I would have gotten it all finished but one of my buddies screwed up a critical measurement.... I wont name names but his handle on here is

Dan Bouck. :whistling: lol

92ab7be7.jpg

e7c37600.jpg

c105a91d.jpg

Anyways that's it for another weekend! Until next Saturday - have a good week folks!

Cheers,

Ryan, Averie and now Luke

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

awesum!

my daugther and i enjoyed an outing this weekend as well.

great pics.

my daughter told me that there is nothing wrong with a girl being an outdoor nature girl snd a princes at home.

(2 sides to every coin)

all i could do was laugh and feel proud.

she keeps asking if were going camping may 24 weekend.

gotta say yes to that.

she will be 8 in june but she was 3 or 4 camping in snow on 24 weekend.

start them early .

it sticks forever.

salty

ps.

well done

Skunk scull??? :dunno:

Calling out free labour, you've got stones. :jerry:

haha we pretty much just drank a couple bud lights and shot the crap while Dan and Shawn were visiting... :thumbsup_anim: ...but we did screw up 1 measurement.. it was my fault :wallbash:

It was free but I wouldn't call holding a tape labour LOL cool shots of the kids buddy your not the only one's that got skunked :wallbash:

at least we didnt freeze our butts off! i bet the gator bite was on fire as soon as the sun came out!!! haha

Great pics of your outting, really enjoyed them.

That skull looks like maybe a marten or mink? Could even be a fox or something small like that. Looks like K-9 teeth!

Thanks Joey! I think we have it figured out... looks like a racoon skull!!! I would have taken it home and added it to the collection but there was still rotting skin on the bottom side and I had to haul both kids out with me... I'm hoping it's still there in a week or two when we go back!

awesum!

my daugther and i enjoyed an outing this weekend as well.

great pics.

my daughter told me that there is nothing wrong with a girl being an outdoor nature girl snd a princes at home.

(2 sides to every coin)

all i could do was laugh and feel proud.

she keeps asking if were going camping may 24 weekend.

gotta say yes to that.

she will be 8 in june but she was 3 or 4 camping in snow on 24 weekend.

start them early .

it sticks forever.

salty

ps.

well done

Thanks Salty! Growing up in Sudbury - I know all to well about snowy may long weekend trips! haha Averie has been fishing with me since she was 7 days old, fishing the shores of the GTA. I rarely get a chance to fish for "real" without the kids, but I love them and hope that they'll keep comin' with me when they're old enough to hack the big water for a full day of fishing with the old man.

The bone structure looks like a match to the skull in this picture, although the teeth appear a little different:

link to possible matching skull

--

Thanks bud! Agreed!

its always nice to get the kids out even if the fish arent cooperating :thumbsup_anim:

by the color of the fir around the skull and the link above I would say racoon

Thanks dude! the fish are just a bonus!

Great recap Ryan, looks as though the kids had fun. :)

Your kennel looks amazing. It's inspiring actually, I need to build one myself.

Thanks Buddy! fire me a pm when it comes time to build yours! I have a crying baby on my lap right now! haha id love to give u some info!

Looks like a fun time with the kids....try this for mammal skull id, http://issuu.com/wildlife/docs/mammal_skull_identification. I'd have to agree with the previous poster on racoon.

Dan

yepp agreed!

:blahblah1:

If Shawn and I were not there it would have been built upside down and you wouldn't have figured out your staple gun!

:blahblah1::P

Great stuff, as usual, buddy!! The kids will be nailing those panfish there before you know it. The cold weather this spring has everything behind...Juli her dad and I hit one of my favorite piers on Saturday, looking for some 'bows, ended up catching and releasing three gorgeous little brown trout in ridiculously close to shore. The water temps are really low.

Nice work on the kennel, too :thumbsup_anim:

Any idea what this creature was?

a80df905.png

I knew some day they would find my daughters boy friends body parts, I was just hoping no so soon.....LOL:whistling:

looks like a great day with the kids