Boatload of 214 Crappie

nelly

I've seen several people fish for Crappie and keep them as if they feed an army. The worst I've seen was a guy with a Home Depot bucket filled with Crappie to the top, he stood beside the bucket and called his other friend from somewhere, wait till he arrived with yet another empty bucket then the 1st guy left. After an hour or so the 2nd guy got his full bucket of Crappie, called the 1st guy with the now empty bucket. The cycle continues until there's none for them to catch.

If they're encroaching on the other fish in the lake then by all means, keep fishing till the car is packed to the gills (ha-ha!). Crappie are nice but I prefer a couple of nice walleye fillets any day. Up on Rice Lake for the closer last year a bunch of guys showed up on the Bewdley pier and started laying in on the crappie like they were going out of style, they kept absolutely everything they caught. Between the 6 or so of them while I was there until about 6:00, they must have caught upwards of a couple of hundred and were still going strong. I was tossing everything back in and they were looking at me like I had one eye in the middle of my forehead, I dunno........some people can be really greedy and those are the ones that can mess up a good fishery.