Last Day Laker!

Cudz

My wife gave me a pass for 2 hours this morning. I must say that I probably didn't deserve to go but she is very understanding and cool.

Anyway, Got out at 11:15 and had a fish on within 15 minutes. Smaller laker on a Strke Zone swammer. Then only chasers for the next 45 mins. The fish were very active but not commiting to the bite.

Change of lures and change of techniques resulted in 2 nice lakers with 15 mins of each other. Both hit white tubes as I was burning them from the bottom. The first laker came up from 70' when my lure was at about 30'. Amazing how good their eyesight is. It probably took it about 2 seconds to 40' up. Crushed my lure 20' under the hole.

Second bigger laker did the same but hit earlier, around the 50' mark. Had a couple nice runs and goth tangled in my other line. No probs just opened the bail on other rod and played it out.

All the fish were released.

Fun march out on the ice!

lastdaylaker1.JPG

lastdaylaker2.JPG

Perfect little outing.

All you Simcoe guys must be in mourning now.

What's next on the agenda?

Not sure. Everytime I look at one of your reports I want to take up float fishing so bad. I live right beside simcoe and I have a bit of trouble getting time off until noon to fish at times with 3 young kids. I will definately take it up when my kids don't want to spend time with me anymore. I figure that will come in the next 7 years or so. <_<

I will be like 46 or 47 by then which sounds a bit old to take something up but I will give it a go for sure. I used to river fish every weekend when I was a teenager. Used to go to Beaver river and Saugeen back inthe day. I even had an 11ft rod but I had a spinning reel.

One day, one day!!

You got them lakers dialed in B) Too bad it was the last day :(

Leechman

They do look dark Chris,could be naturals.

Still time for some Simcoe pike and perch. Im pike,n this saturday(as you know),then it,s river time.Might do some perch,n if the ice permits. :Gonefishing: Hope to see you on the weekend bring the kiddies. :Gonefishing:

Nice fish bud.