Smartphone operating systems  

50 members have voted

1. 1. which O/S do you prefer?

• apple
    • android
    • windows
    • blackberry

That would be handy, is speed an issue?

The higher end blackberrys are just as quick or close to it. Obviously having a middle man can slow things down the odd time. Also if the BIS Server ever goes down (And it does occasionally) then you won't receive any emails temporarily which can be a big pain. Doesn't happen often but it's not unheard of. All of a sudden you get a batch of emails hours later lol.

Rogers offers 15 day returns on I think any cell phone, try what you want out and demand unlimited data for 2 months so you can test out your phone and learn your limits before you pick a plan. This way you can monitor your usage with their software for a week of use and decide if it's going to cost you too much. This way you can pick any phone you want without any worry of repercussion.

Atrix looks awesome....covers what the Samsung Galaxy doesn't have (LED flash and front facing camera.) Also does 720p video!

not to mention the cool laptop dock, fingerprint reader and projector attachment!

Might be too much phone for me though

JJ, I assume you are dropping the 10-4 feature?

I have BB Bold 9700 on Rogers and love it. BBM is a great feature. I don't get into the app's and use it more as business phone so it's the obvious choice for me. It handles documents and email very well. It's not the best multi media option out there (camera/video/browsing/streaming/mp3) but it does all that adequetly. Foremost, I like the keyboard and trackpad.

I have BB Bold 9700 on Rogers and love it. BBM is a great feature. I don't get into the app's and use it more as business phone so it's the obvious choice for me. It handles documents and email very well. It's not the best multi media option out there (camera/video/browsing/streaming/mp3) but it does all that adequetly. Foremost, I like the keyboard and trackpad.

And when Blackberrys new tablet (The Playbook) is released later this spring it will connect via bluetooth your Blackberry phone for doing email, working on documents, surfing the net when no wifi is available etc. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

heard from a few people now that the 10-4 system will be phased out soon, can't see myself getting a new 10-4 phone for the same price as a smartphone and then being stuck with a regular old flip phone for the remainder of my contract when they discontinue the service :wallbash:

heard from a few people now that the 10-4 system will be phased out soon, can't see myself getting a new 10-4 phone for the same price as a smartphone and then being stuck with a regular old flip phone for the remainder of my contract when they discontinue the service :wallbash:

Thanks all! I ended up with a Blackberry Torch, the data compresion feature sealed the deal. now I just have to learn how to use it properly!(thanks in advance Slowpoke!)

jjcanoe

I have gone the Iphone route for about 6 months now and I miss my blackberry. If you are in touch with your email and your blackberry. You will go through severe withdrawl's when switching to an Iphone. I would seriously dumpe this Iphone 3Gs for my bold 9700 in a second...If of course my Blackberry was still with me.. :(

Thanks all! I ended up with a Blackberry Torch, the data compresion feature sealed the deal. now I just have to learn how to use it properly!(thanks in advance Slowpoke!)

jjcanoe

Good choice John. Blackberry for the win.