Heel 'n' Wheel-a-Thon Fund Raiser

irishfield

Hi Jen;

I too missed this, but I haven't been around much. I took care of my step-Dad last week. He lives out of town and is presently going through radiation and chemo for stage 3 lung cancer. Radiation is every day, chemo is once a week. (for now)

He is such a sick man....so weak....so frail....and so determined. You and he are heroes to me.

I will pledge and I will be thinking of you on those days. It is the least I can do to show you that you have touched my life. I have to believe that your passion for others is an opportunity for the rest of us to get on board and help you attain your goal and in so doing bring you joy.

Thank you for doing this for all those who suffer. :clapping:

Nancy

THANKS Guys!!!

She's gonna be one tired cookie by weeks end. She's running the money table at her best friends (Jen is her Maid of Honour in Sept) Buck and Doe tonight until 1am (that we just left) in Elmvale. All of us back to TO tomorrow for noon, then a full week of chemo starting 8am Monday, ending Saturday afternoon. A bridal shower for another Friend Saturday night in Toronto (that we suspect she'll last about an hour at being fresh out of the Sarcoma unit) and then this walk Sunday am. Don't get too excited if she misses the Sunday event, as that also involves a drive up to Barrie to do so and then she has to be back in Toronto for a Pre-op appointment Monday at 9:30am. Mind you... I don't know where she finds half the energy she does, so it may go ahead as planned. The walk a week later in Toronto is for certain. Walk or wheelchair.

Thanks Dan ! Still waiting for some of those promised donators to jump in.

She's got a "pitch" walker for Sunday in Barrie. A week Sunday she will be with her team for the Toronto walk/wheel and thanks to GBW we have a nice push style wheel chair for her gf's to take turns wheeling her thru the park if she gets too tired. I suspect she'll use the chair as a walker for the most part... or possibly leave it behind all together, we'll have to wait and see.

We'll we test drove the wheel chair today. About 2pm Jen wanted McDonald's, seems to be a strange thing with chemo patients that generally never eat there but then suddenly get a craving. I told her I wouldn't go get it for her.... she had to come along. So I pushed her to the diagonally opposite corner of the full city block to Dupont and Dufferin and back home. So I did a good part of what the walk would have been in Barrie... oh and the LCBO happened to get hit on the way back to!! :whistling: (that pocket is handy on the back Geoff!!)

Thanks Kelvin!! Cheque arrived safe and sound. Great to see another promise come true.

Glad you got it Wayne, I was a little worried about the Strike and it getting caught up in it.. Hope all goes Well as I know it will... Give Jen our Best she is a strong Girl thats for sure. :clapping:

About 2pm Jen wanted McDonald's, seems to be a strange thing with chemo patients that generally never eat there but then suddenly get a craving. I told her I wouldn't go get it for her.... she had to come along. So I pushed her to the diagonally opposite corner of the full city block to Dupont and Dufferin and back home.

Again Wayne your daughter is a real trooper. Going through all this is brutal.

Seems like you are spending a lot of time in my hood. Live around College and Grace and boot over to the Dupont/Dufferin McDonalds for their $1.39 muffin/coffee deal. Actually like their coffee now more than the overrated Timmies stuff.

Best wishes to your daughters health! :thumbsup_anim: Whatever way she goes it should be fun to participate in the fundraiser walk.

Cheers, Erik