Stag & Doe Etiqutte.....totally non fishing...as 100% NF

Cookslav

If people can't afford to pay for their own wedding and they have lived common-law for a while please don't expect others to pay for you. Especially that the wedding will be a destination wedding that you will not be able(or invited) to attend. Or show up to the Stag and Doe with a toaster-oven.

Few years ago my supervisor invited me to a stag-doe. I had no idea what it was (somewhat new to Canada at the time) so he just told me that it was a little party because his daughter is getting married.

Didn't think twice about so i showed up with a present. Took me about an hour to actually realize what stag and doe was and i found it unbelievably cheesy and i promised myself to never go to another one ever again.

Begging for money to finance a wedding is what you call progress... :whistling:

How is a stag and doe begging for money? Sure, the entire point of it is to help out the bride and groom with the finances, but it's also for all those people that aren't going to be invited to the actual wedding.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Begging for money to finance a wedding is what you call progress... :whistling:

Are you married? If yes, who paid for it?

If you paid for your own wedding, congratulations, but you are the minority.

Personally I think it's tackier to expect the father of bride to pay for the wedding while the father of the groom pays for everybodies drinks. If all the family and friends chip in 50 bucks a piece and nobody has to pay 10,000 out of pocket then it has to be a good thing... As long as the bride, groom, and their parents return the favour.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Are you married? If yes, who paid for it?

If you paid for your own wedding, congratulations, but you are the minority.

Personally I think it's tackier to expect the father of bride to pay for the wedding while the father of the groom pays for everybodies drinks. If all the family and friends chip in 50 bucks a piece and nobody has to pay 10,000 out of pocket then it has to be a good thing... As long as the bride, groom, and their parents return the favour.

You think it's tacky for the parents paying for the wedding as their wedding gift to the children... :dunno:

All the wedding I went to all the guest brought envelopes with a wedding card which enclosed more money then was spent on them at the wedding...

And yes I have been married for almost as long as you are old....my son will be getting married in July and yes I will be paying for the booze...... :) .....and no there is no stag & doe party planned or any other fund raising scheme before the wedding...doh.gif

This must be a Canadian thing.......when I first read the title I thought the thread was going to be about hunting.... :oops: