Ever have one of those days?

DRIFTER_016

Man the gods were conspiring against us today.

If it could go wrong it did. :blink:

We started off the day heading off down the ice road on a 60 mile trip. We got maybe 8 or 10 miles down the road before the going got tough due to the wind of the last few days had blown in the road. We ended up getting the ole Honda Pilot and loaded snowmobile trailer stuck but good. So unload the sled, disconect trailer, dig out truck and work like mad to try and turn the truck around. Got stuck several more times trying to get around the trailer to get the heck out of dodge. We got some help from a couple of fellows in a bombadier and after a total of 2 hours hard work we were back on the way into town. :rolleyes:

A quick stop at Mickey D's and off to try another spot.

About 20 miles up another ice road (this one was in great shape) good.gif

We get to our jumping off spot and unload the sled and gear then off we go. About 15 minutes later we're at our destination and the shovelling and drilling begins.

All setup, finally at 12:30 (we've been going at it for 3 1/2 hours with only sore muscles to show for it. :rolleyes:

My buddy gets a hit right away, that turns out to be about a 5# pike (not good since we're after lakers). There are tons of fish on the sonar, but they're a bunch of lookers and it was a very tough bite. After lots of lure changing I finally hit on a combo that worked........sort of. :laugh: Got a few hits but they were very light and tentative. After about 4 1/2 hours of work we ended up with a pair of pike and 4 lakers from 3-5 pounds.

Back to the truck and start to load up the sled and I brake my middle ramp, so we have to man handle my 700# sled ont the trailer. Then we blow a trailer tire just before we get to the end of the ice road.

So now I'm down a tire so we won't be heading to another lake I wanted to try until I get it replaced. :wallbash::wallbash:

But fear not as tomorrow we will hop on the sled here at the house and go gator huntin' tomorrow. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hopefully we won't break too many things tomorrow. :D

All of my equipment is OLD (25+ years) and maintained as well as possible but crap happens......so now I always consider a good day when no equipment breaks down....catching fish is the icing on the cake... :thumbsup_anim:

You guys earned every fish you caught and now Karma will bless you in the future.

Bob