My first ever ice fish on Midland harbour

misfish

Well had an invite to a small gathering for a friends brothers prewedding festives.Poker,beers and ufc.The next day we would fish the harbour. Man it was like a scene from grumpie old men.LOL

20110206_10.jpg

I thought these guys being local would of had huts but nope,so I ended up standing out in the open,but no pro with -1 temps.

This guy had a nice set up.

20110205_08.jpg

I marked alot of fish.(probly mostly herring,lines were zipping averywhere) Smacked a very small herring on a half and half,and bumped another fish,but to no avail,no fish.

I have to thank Crappieperchhunter for my new addition.Works great Steve. Even picks up the lure and swivel.Awesome.

20110205_02.jpg

Thats probly my last outing for sometime,,,,,,,,,,,,, :wallbash:

I have only ever caught perch down there...never really give it much of a shot though. Maybe i should?

Theres, herring and whities and pike and the odd eye ,so I was told, by an older local that was out there.Had a great chat with him. He,s been fishing that area many a years.

Thanks for the call bud!.. fishing in my back yard. BTW.. they only fish there because it's a short distance to stagger back to the parking lot... :D

Bill... you'd want a hungry pike for these lads..and yes you can keep them. (open all year s25/c12)

flyg.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Thanks for the call bud!.. fishing in my back yard. BTW.. they only fish there because it's a short distance to stagger back to the parking lot... :D

Bill... you'd want a hungry pike for these lads..and yes you can keep them. (open all year s25/c12)

flyg.jpg

Very nice Brian, and Wayne, that's the perfect size bait for spring pike.